Death on the Reik

gwangi32

Hello,

I recently closed a GURPS Traveller Game. It was fun and I would like to GM for another game. I have offered Call of Cthulhu and such but here is one I haven't offered up to now.

At Half Price Books I was able to purchase Warhammer Fantasy Role Play, looks new. And some of the scenario books as well. Now if I get some players I'll study up on these rules. I have seen this game mentioned on the forum so there must be a couple interested players.

Let me know, the action will take place in the Empire. And that's what I've got for now.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool! I hope we can get a couple more players but it isn't absolutely necessary. The character types for this adventure that work best are Bounty Hunter, Hunter, Woodsman or someone with some outdoor skills. Also, I am using the "River Life of the Empire" section of Death on the Reik so some boathandling skills would not be amiss.

Please post your character here or PM me if there are things you don't want other PCs to know.

For anyone else who is interested please post a character. Or if you want to play and are unsure of the rules I can give you a premade character. (And if there is a miniature you like for the character maybe we can list them by number, just for fun.)

legalese: I will be using WARHAMMER FANTASY ROLE PLAY rules published by Hogshead Publishing, London, UK 1995; the DEATH ON THE REIK supplement "River Life of the Empire" section, also by Hogshead Publishing. There is a slight change from the core book as far as history is concerned, chapter 7 of WFRP will be supplemented by The World of Warhammer published by Thunder Mouth Press, New York, US 1998. The biggest change is in the Slann/Lizardmen.

How about a Trapper? If OK, I'll roll him up tonight.

A trapper is fine. As you can see I want players to be free of some of the random rolling in the character generation. However, if you want to randomize then go for it!!

I think I'd like to play - I loved WFRP when I played it last, Just need to see if I can pick up a cheap copy of the Rulebook from my FLGS, or flag down someone I can borrow it from.

If you can't find the book I can provide a random character. I'm still new to these rules but I picked them up for a song and have wanted to use them.

As for posting schedule. I would post on the weekend, then wait for replies and work out dice rolls during the week, leaving the players with Monday through Saturday to read and post to the thread. If a situation is resolved rapidly then I will post again soon after. I like to give everyone playing the opportunity to post without to much pressure. If it takes longer to let everyone post that's fine also. I want to have fun and I want the players to have fun so I try to set the speed to accomodate that goal.