Death on the Reik

gwangi32

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Ragnar:

(qwangi, please correct any dissimilarities from the description I sent you. I was half asleep at the time and I have already deleted the PM.)

He's a Trollslayer. He carries a two handed axe that has many notches on the handle of varying sizes-small ones for goblins and the like, larger ones for things like orcs. His crest of hair is dyed bright green, almost day-glo looking. He has tribal tatoos all over his chest, back and arms that intertwine with a myriad of scars and gouges. The most noticeable scar runs the entire length of his left arm; this one is old and deep. He wears a leather vest and breeches, but no shoes. His head is always on a swivel (like a linebacker), looking for things to slay (or be slain by), and he is in a constant state of battle readiness. His voice is gruff and extremely foreign sounding (imagine someone from Kentucky). Oh, and he chews tobacco.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok..I've wanted to play this game instead of GM it for so long..and now here's my chance. I will make a character once i am not so totally exhausted. I also have a ton of books for this game..so if you need to know anything that "Death on the Reik" may refer to as "see such and such a book pg x" I probably have it.

I would like to know if wizards would be acceptable in this game..namely an elementalist specializing in water magic? I have a pretty in depth knowledge of the workings of magic in the Empire and would be willing to take on the difficult task of being the spellslinger.

Here's a list of books I have in case you need to know anything really in-depth..

Core Book; Apocryphas 1+2; The Dying of The Light campaign book(lots of marienburg info); the marienburg sourcebook(complete with a map i might be able to scan); the middenheim sourcebook(also has a map); The Doomstones Campaign chp 1+2(sorry not 3 or 4); Realms of Sorcery...i think that's it...

so i want to have a sea elven wizard's apprentice..give me the green light and I'll whip him up post haste. (sea elves are exactly like wood elves stat wise..but they are all about the ships and water cuz they are the traders between the empire and Ulthuan and the rest of the "good" world.

ok..I've wanted to play this game instead of GM it for so long..and now here's my chance. I will make a character once i am not so totally exhausted. I also have a ton of books for this game..so if you need to know anything that "Death on the Reik" may refer to as "see such and such a book pg x" I probably have it.

I would like to know if wizards would be acceptable in this game..namely an elementalist specializing in water magic? I have a pretty in depth knowledge of the workings of magic in the Empire and would be willing to take on the difficult task of being the spellslinger.

Here's a list of books I have in case you need to know anything really in-depth..

Core Book; Apocryphas 1+2; The Dying of The Light campaign book(lots of marienburg info); the marienburg sourcebook(complete with a map i might be able to scan); the middenheim sourcebook(also has a map); The Doomstones Campaign chp 1+2(sorry not 3 or 4); Realms of Sorcery...i think that's it...

so i want to have a sea elven wizard's apprentice..give me the green light and I'll whip him up post haste. (sea elves are exactly like wood elves stat wise..but they are all about the ships and water cuz they are the traders between the empire and Ulthuan and the rest of the "good" world.

I have no problem with a wizard character. As the scenario develops there are places where magic will prove useful. I will have sections of the adventure where new characters can step in and it is also possible that characters will need to step out as well making room for more people to play.

I have just gotten permission to join a the game. I am a newbie to WHFRP but am a big fan of the setting. I will not be submitting a character until this weekend and am looking for input from the players on possible character ideas. Is there a character type that the party needs? Thanks for the help!

Decado

NO MORE ELVES! (Please) Dwarves do not like elves at all in this world. The animosity in Tolkien's stories is mild compared to this setting. But, the GM has final decision on this, of course. As to profession, we might need a theifly character, or a doctor.

Unglef,

Thanks for the input. Have no worries I will not play an elf. From the novels I have read they seem to be rare (or at least rarely written about). I like the idea of a thief and will look further into it once I have the rulebook. Any other suggestions?

Decado

tough, I'm playing an elf. and he'll show you a thing or two about slaying.

Oh, you weren't included in my earlier post. Lextius, you, and somebody else are all elves, though, and that's more elves than I've ever heard of in one place in a warhammer game. (Except elfland or wherever they're from.)

P.S. We'll see about the slaying thing.

Hello,

I am going to be slow in posting. Sorry, but it's job related. I work for the US Coast Guard and our Homeland Security missions have been ratcheted up a bit. I have been out of town three times in the last two months and have orders for half of April as well.

I'll do my best to keep up but I have to ask for your indulgence on this.