Map Flats KS

Aard_Rinn

So I'm super-excited about this one, didn't see it in a search, so I thought I'd toss it up. Gonna gotta trim a few things from Bones II, but for the price, these look cool, and they cost about as much as a single Chessex, so I figure it's worth skipping the figure case...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/splork/map-flats-vinyl-tabletop-rpg-maps

I'm doing the 40$ one, unless I can scrounge up another 10$ in the next hour for the 60. The stretch goals are where this one really shines, though... So far we've got:

$7500 - The Keep*. All core sets will include a two floor keep. Both floors of this structure is  24"X30" and is the perfect addition to the Map Flats family.
$8000 - Merchant Ship*. All core sets will include a 4 floor merchant ship. These ships will be put out on four 10"X30" maps.
$9000 - Dungeon Map*. All core sets will include a 2X4 foot dungeon vinyl map with 1 inch square grids.  
$10,000 - Double Sided Maps* - All maps will be double sided with square 1 inch grids on one side and 1 inch hex patterns on the reverse side. 
$12000 - 2X4 upgraded to 3X5* Dungeon and Plains map sizes are upgraded to 3'X5'.

But I'm hoping we hit

$15,000 - Surm Kara Crater Teaser* - This is a teaser set for another part of D'Nal. Once home to an ancient metropolis tens of thousands of years ago, the Surm Kara (land of the dead) crater is all that remains. It is said that a great fire destroyed the city and all of it’s surroundings. It was a fire so terrible that to this day even vegetation will not grow on the lands. This does not mean that the area is void of life. Many adventurers seek ancient treasures and glory in the crater, but few return. Those unfortunate few, however, return with grim stories of strange and distorted creatures prowling the barren lands, taking refuge in the crumbled remains of a long forgotten city. At this level we will include the following maps: 

• (Qty: 1) Surm Kara Crater Terrain Map (3'X5')
  • (Qty: 4) Scavenger tent (4X5)
  • (Qty: 1) Chieftains domicile (6X6)
  • (Qty: 1) Crumbled Building remains 1 (12X10)
  • (Qty: 1) Crumbled Building remains 2 (10X8)
  • (Qty: 1) Crumbled Building remains 3 (8X6)
  • (Qty: 1) Crumbled Building remains 4 (6X4)

So come, join me so I can get some of that sweet, sweet crater. And ruined buildings. NEED.

This is why I don't mind folks cross-pollenating on KS after the pledging's done. I would be sad if I had missed this... So thanks, Alan and Jim Johnson!

• Like 1

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. I like cardstock, but so many foldings! SO MANY FOLDINGS! And these'll be easier to transport - being a college student, getting stuff to/from the student center can be a bit of a PITA, and more if it's bulk, so flat is good! If these arrive in time, I can bring them to CTConn too, pass them around a bit... hopefully with my bones! I think I love plastic... I haven't tried pewter yet, but I don't see how it could possibly be better! Plastic mats, plastic minis, plastic dice... :D

And Uber, add the extra 10 and get the cores seperately - you get 6 extra maps, and extras of all the stretch goals! Maps for friends!

Edited by Aard_Rinn

5 extra peasant shacks and one other... I'm not 100% which. Apparently the 60$ one got rid of some overlapping maps between the two extra sets... and then the extra add-ons. I'm now in for both for me - my sis backed out, but I want both now, so... Still, either way these are a great deal, so :D

Edit: Nope, adding error. It's just the peasant shacks...

Edited by Aard_Rinn

Ah okay, I think I'd rather keep it simple and just hit the 60 core set and the extra two terrain maps, thanks for the information though!

I've been tweeting it out to my followers and put it up on my social networks to see if I can get anyone else to join in and get us up to that $15k goal.

Yeah. This seems perfect if you had a shop, too... That 350... If I wasn't all in on the RKSII, I'd get it and just give these out at cons to people who DM'd games I really liked... Give one to the school's club... It's just such a good price. But I am a BAN at the moment, so nope! Just for me!

• Like 1