http://entertainment.time.com/2013/12/04/and-the-new-wonder-woman-is/

Gal Gadot, an Israeli actress best known for playing Gisele in three of the Fast and Furious films, has been cast as Wonder Woman in the upcoming Batman vs. Superman film. Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck will join her as Superman and Batman, respectively, in Zak Snyder’s followup to this summer’s Man of Steel,according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Handing Wonder Woman over to Zak Snyder... What were they thinking?

Edited by scorpio616
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After the turd pile that was Man of Steel I can't believe Snyder is being given another chance to screw up a major DC hero. At least this isn't the stand alone WW movie that has been talked about for years so they still have a chance to fix everything Snyder will bugger up.

• Like 2

I was never a DC fan so I personally don't have a beef with the new films.

However I agree wholeheartedly about casting wonder woman. They need to give that little girl a cheeseburger and send her home. Then they need to cast someone who is healthy, strong, and the best possible role model for strong young women. Not walking bad example of eating disorders and fashion industry false standards.

• Like 6

I was never a DC fan so I personally don't have a beef with the new films.

However I agree wholeheartedly about casting wonder woman. They need to give that little girl a cheeseburger and send her home. Then they need to cast someone who is healthy, strong, and the best possible role model for strong young women. Not walking bad example of eating disorders and fashion industry false standards.

I can't like this more than once :unsure:

Eh, people have bulked up for roles before; no reason that can't happen now.

Not people, men. It seems women are expected to be as skinny as possible. The last movie I can remember a woman gaining weight for is Monster, where Charlize Theron made herself average sized for the role. Otherwise the most you see women do is get toned.

That is a poor picture in the linked article, google her and there are many shots that look like they could be Wonder Woman in civilian guise. Here is a nice comparison shot:

gal-gadot-wonder-woman.jpg

I think she is a good choice. She is a relative unknown, she is quite tall (5'9" i think I read), and very beautiful without being overly sexy. Her age is just about perfect, she is almost 30 so she is no kid, but she is young enough that they could conceivably build a decade long franchise around her. She isn't Greek, but she looks exotic and Mediterranean enough to be believable. She is slim, but so is most of Hollywood (and so are most comic book renditions of Wonder Woman). Also, Wonder Woman gets her power from the Greek Gods, so she's magic, she doesn't actually need to look like She Hulk. I actually think she is a better choice than most of the popular suggestions online. Minka Kelly for instance, I think she is beautiful and curvy, but she has a soft voice and gentle quality that wouldn't quite capture the warrior spirit of Diana. Gina Carano is tough and attractive, but I don't think she is a great actress. Of course I am not very familiar with Gal either, but hopefully she has the chops to pull off the presence. Being a model and former soldier, she should have the tools to be believable.

Also, Lynda Carter really owns Wonder Woman. It is such an iconic role many actresses might not have even been interested. It is after all just a supporting role in a Zack Snyder film, and lots of people really don't like his work (personally I am a fan). I don't know, I don't think she will make or break the film, and I am cautiously optimistic.