Oh Snap! Man of Steel / Sucker Punch Director gets a hold of Wonder Woman

scorpio616

After the turd pile that was Man of Steel I can't believe Snyder is being given another chance to screw up a major DC hero. At least this isn't the stand alone WW movie that has been talked about for years so they still have a chance to fix everything Snyder will bugger up.

Totally agree. I didn't like Man of Steel either, I felt the whole movie was disjointed going back and forth with the flashbacks. It had so much potential if they would've gone in chronological order and if they'd have done a better job with the super powers of the Kryptonians. It took Superman 33 years to master and realize his powers and it takes the General and his cronies a couple of hours to do the same? Yeah right.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

because DC can't seem to make a good movie decision if their life depends on it, I expect this to go all 'Man of Steel' and bomb harder than a flight of B-52's

That is so true isn't it? I hadn't thought of it that way, but most of the DC comic hero movies are flops whereas most of the Marvel ones are huge successes.

Somebody on another forum once pointed out how it seems like DC is apologizing for its movies being about comic book heroes and trying to make them "better" by taking away everything from the comic books, where Marvel just goes "HELLS YEAH IT'S A RACCOON WITH A ROCKET LAUNCHER THIS IS AWESOME!"

• Like 11

would that be before or after her son raped her so he could be born? Before or after Rogue put her in a comma, or before or after she turned into a moody drunk? Yeah....I think Marvel should steer clear of her for her own sake as much as everyone elses. DC can't make movies, and Marvel needs to have it's writing staff checked for serious mental health issues. There is a reason why I gave up on super hero comics

Civil War Era Ms. Marvel is good. Go with that one. Granted the original premise was shaky for her resurrected imprint (imma be the bestest superhero evah!) - but she grew into it, and the whole Moonstone stealing her bit under Osborn's whacky Not-Avengers sealed it.

Even if I still have no clue what the MODOK heads thing was about.

But anyway, yeah - that's a good Ms. Marvel. Then we don't have to deal with any time-traveling alien rapists.

I do, however, make no guarantees about boyfriends in refrigerators.

• Like 1

would that be before or after her son raped her so he could be born? Before or after Rogue put her in a comma, or before or after she turned into a moody drunk? Yeah....I think Marvel should steer clear of her for her own sake as much as everyone elses. DC can't make movies, and Marvel needs to have it's writing staff checked for serious mental health issues. There is a reason why I gave up on super hero comics

I gave up a few years ago. I think the alst proper storyline I read was the introduction of the female Ghost Rider. It wasn't great. Somehow they still gave her massive boobs as Ghost Rider despite being just a flaming skeleton. Not a fan of replacement characters like that anyway as all too often they're used just to say "Hey, we know have an (insert non-white male) character" but rarely bother with the actually writing a decent character that can stand on their own merits part, instead leaving a lot of fans unhappy that someone they did like has been replaced allowing the comic company to soon shuffle them off all pleased with themseves that they tried and blaming the fans for not supporting them.

I ocassionally read up on recent storylines to see if there's anything worth getting back in on. Nothing to date. The last I saw of the female Ghost Rider, who they had set up as having been raised all of her life in an isolated temple specifially to take on the role of the Ghost Rider, was that she was in a fight in a shopping mall because SHE'S A WOMAN AND OH MY GOD SHOES!!!!

Then they ditched her.

Well DC tried not being serious and realistic with Green Lantern and the result was..... well..... look, we're just going to have to accept that it happened and nothing can change that, we just have to somehow find a way to move on with our lives. We'll all be stronger for it in the end.

• Like 3

We just had a family conversation over dinner about suphero movies. The general consensus was that Marvel movies lately are kind of fun and superheroic and overall pretty good (except for the Spider-man movies and maybe the Incredible Hulk movie), whereas DC movies are trying to be dark and angsty and pessimistic and GETTING IT ALL WRONG.

Seriously, various family members were outraged about what they did to Pa Kent, Clark Kent, Lois Lane, the Green Lantern Corps, and the Joker and his stupid freshman-level ethical dilemmas.

It's like a total company reversal. DC's heroes used to be the bright, sunny ones and Marvel's were the dark, angsty ones.

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 3

Blame the Batman films (and zero lack of sense)

They went far too silly so DC thought people don't want fun superhero films. Then Batman Begins came out and was all dark and gritty and hugely succesful so they thought people want dark and gritty superhero films.

What they neglected to take into accounts was IT's BATMAN!!! Dark and gritty works for Batman, it's essentially pulp detective stories where instead of arresting a bad guy at the end he shoves a batarang in their face, and sometimes the bad guy likes to dress funny too.

• Like 4

The thing that really bugs me is that DC makes some of the finest animated movies about their characters I have ever seen. Full of energy, bigger than life characters and snappy writing. So what the hell is the disconnect from the animated features and the live-action stuff? It can't all be laid at the feet of Snyder - can it?

• Like 3