Oh Snap! Man of Steel / Sucker Punch Director gets a hold of Wonder Woman

scorpio616

Civil War Era Ms. Marvel is good. Go with that one. Granted the original premise was shaky for her resurrected imprint (imma be the bestest superhero evah!) - but she grew into it, and the whole Moonstone stealing her bit under Osborn's whacky Not-Avengers sealed it.

Even if I still have no clue what the MODOK heads thing was about.

But anyway, yeah - that's a good Ms. Marvel. Then we don't have to deal with any time-traveling alien rapists.

I do, however, make no guarantees about boyfriends in refrigerators.

I actually thought the original premise was great for comics. For those who don't know, Marvel had one of their insane crossover events which showed an alternate reality where Ms. Marvel was basically a Marvel version of Wonder Woman, the worlds greatest hero rather than a second stringer. Then when reality warped back to normal, she basically decided there was no reason the dream couldn't become her reality. I like the idea, anyone can do great things if they set their mind to it, a very comic book superhero concept.

Kevin Smith tweeted about Nelson Mandela today: "How does someone like Mandela simply die like the rest of us? After his life of triumph, the grave almost seemed no match." Nice sentiment, but what made Mandela memorable wasn't that he was superhuman, he was just a man who stood up for his beliefs, inspiring a nation and the world in the process. He wasn't magical, he just decided to make a difference and stand for something. Greatness wasn't inherent, he achieved it.

• Like 4

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hated the amazing spider man. I'm a soundtrack critical person and that movies soundtrack was the worst thing I've ever heard. Listen to it next time you watch. It's the exact same melody and song but with different volumes and instruments. It gets to you after awhile. Someone was extremely lazy. (I feel this way about final fantasy 13 too) Peter Parker also came off a bit creepy... example: scene where he asks the girl to leave with him while her parents are downstairs. He literally tells her "don't worry, they won't know your gone" then he just smiles like he said something clever. No, that's creepy.

• Like 1

I guess I am in the minority. I really liked Man of Steel actually,

It worked, and I enjoyed it as, a parody of Superman. They outsourced Kryptonian design to the Warhammer 40000 art team, had Pa' Kent advocating Clark let a busload of kids die, and made the audience's and Zod's heads spin at the end of the movie. I'll let this video sum up the rest...

And to keep kicking the franchise in the groin they chose to put Afleck into the batsuit.

Edited by scorpio616
  • Like 4

That is a poor picture in the linked article, google her and there are many shots that look like they could be Wonder Woman in civilian guise. Here is a nice comparison shot:

gal-gadot-wonder-woman.jpg

Yes, but many comic book artists draw waify, impossibly slim women with big breasts, even ones who are supposed to be active and strong like Wonder Woman. Just because you found a comic book panel that looks like the actress does not mean it's right. In my eyes it means they're *both* wrong for the part.

Wonder Woman *should* look muscly and strong, not starving. I would rather see something like George Pérez' Wonder Woman.

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 2

People just complain about way too much. Everybody gets angry when hollywood comes out with a new Superhero movie that doesn't completely mesh with our childhood Superman but they also complain when we get one that does. Nobody liked the Brandon Routh Superman Returns because it was too much like Superman 1 and now people are complaining about the Man of Steel because it's not enough like the 80's Superman movies. Doesn't make sense to me. I had my nice bright shiny Superman movies they were made in the 80's and starred Christopher Reed and when I want bright and shiny I go and I watch them. Frankly I am glad the new one is completely different because if it wasn't I wouldn't have a reason to love them both. The new movie has a few flaws but it is by no means a bad movie. Heck it had less flaws in it than Superman 2 and Superman 3. Seriously your symbol can be pulled off your chest and turned into a giant cellophane net to catch Zod and his buddies? Evil lady turns into a Robot and you fight her with Richard Pryor? Come on these movies had flaws, big flaws.

• Like 4

People just complain about way too much. Everybody gets angry when hollywood comes out with a new Superhero movie that doesn't completely mesh with our childhood Superman but they also complain when we get one that does. Nobody liked the Brandon Routh Superman Returns because it was too much like Superman 1 and now people are complaining about the Man of Steel because it's not enough like the 80's Superman movies. Doesn't make sense to me. I had my nice bright shiny Superman movies they were made in the 80's and starred Christopher Reed and when I want bright and shiny I go and I watch them. Frankly I am glad the new one is completely different because if it wasn't I wouldn't have a reason to love them both. The new movie has a few flaws but it is by no means a bad movie. Heck it had less flaws in it than Superman 2 and Superman 3. Seriously your symbol can be pulled off your chest and turned into a giant cellophane net to catch Zod and his buddies? Evil lady turns into a Robot and you fight her with Richard Pryor? Come on these movies had flaws, big flaws.

So who's saying those movies were any good either? Certainly not I. I haven't seen an honest-to-Krypton *good* Superman movie in...well...ever! I have no idea why it is so hard for movie makers to get Superman right when it has been proven time and again that more complex, nuanced superheroes can have just stunning movies made about them. Maybe Superman is just too simple? I really don't know. I *do* know having a Superman movie where Supes grows up with such stellar fatherly advice as 'Maybe you should let bus loads of kids drown even though it took no effort for you to save them all' is absurd and vaguely insulting.

• Like 1

Maybe Superman is just too simple? I really don't know. I *do* know having a Superman movie where Supes grows up with such stellar fatherly advice as 'Maybe you should let bus loads of kids drown even though it took no effort for you to save them all' is absurd and vaguely insulting.

Even Nolan knew better than to have Superman kill Zod, but Snyder, in his efforts to derail the character, finally wore Nolan down. Sounds more and more Snyder needs a room at Arkham.

It was Snyder who pushed for Supes to kill the movie’s big villain, because the hero’s “aversion to killing [was] unexplained.”

Uhm, how about he was raised to have a strong moral compass by folks who believed "Thou shall not kill"?

Edited by scorpio616