Oh Snap! Man of Steel / Sucker Punch Director gets a hold of Wonder Woman

scorpio616

yeah. Man of Steel really wasn't very much like Superman as, well Superman. It was, like 'Batman Begins' a reboot of sorts for the series and the character, but unlike Batman Begins and the Dark Knight (imho the less said about Dark knight Rises the better) where a somewhat darker character worked, it just doesn't fit with Superman who has always been the paragon of goodness and mercy and protecting everyone to the best of his ability. No I didn't want a remake of the 80's Superman movies, but I would like more of a nod towards his better part of a century of character.

• Like 2

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really what the point of that scene was about at all but I guess if that's how you saw it then there ya go.

Well there was the movie on the screen and the movie that played in everyone's head. I went with what was presented on the screen myself.

Also that was just one part of the pile of bizarre choices they made making that movie. Superman has a full on fight against guys just as powerful as he is in both Smallville and Metropolis? Even when he had the chance to move the fight out of both areas he forces it right back in there? I guess it looked more impressive to have 1000s of people dying as dozens of buildings collapse in a densely populated area (and I figured MoS Superman *really* hated his hometown) but it just didn't give a very heroic feel to what is, imo, the iconic superhero.

The character deserved better and so, frankly, did the fans.

Edited by Hellcow
  • Like 1

I guess I am in the minority. I really liked Man of Steel actually,

It worked, and I enjoyed it as, a parody of Superman. They outsourced Kryptonian design to the Warhammer 40000 art team, had Pa' Kent advocating Clark let a busload of kids die, and made the audience's and Zod's heads spin at the end of the movie.

Speaking of Warhammer 40K design, have you seen Thor:The Dark World?

I am sick and tired of the only reason to have a code against killing be that you killed someone and it went horribly horribly wrong.

No.

Superman has a code against killing because he was reared by decent, caring people.

Ma and Pa Kent in the Lois and Clark TV series were my favorite depictions of them ever.

• Like 4

I am sick and tired of the only reason to have a code against killing be that you killed someone and it went horribly horribly wrong.

No.

Superman has a code against killing because he was reared by decent, caring people.

Like someone in Hollywood could grasp something positive coming out of a fly-over state. :upside: Why do you think they chose to put Pa Kent's character assassination in the trailer?

Dark World is on my To Watch list.

Edited by scorpio616
  • Like 1

So any bets on what others think WW 's costume will be like? I actually doubt they would go so far as to break out the star spangled thong from the 90's,

In the 90s, Wonder Woman’s star-spangled trunks kept getting smaller and smaller until she was fighting crime in something only slightly less revealing than a G-string. And how did this affect sales? Well, let’s use a quote from Mike Deodato, an artist from that era:
"..Every time the bikini was smaller, the sales get higher."
..but there are a lot of ways the costume could go.
Edited by scorpio616

In the 90s, Wonder Woman’s star-spangled trunks kept getting smaller and smaller until she was fighting crime in something only slightly less revealing than a G-string. And how did this affect sales? Well, let’s use a quote from Mike Deodato, an artist from that era: http://screamsheet.wordpress.com/2011/02/10/superhero-makeovers-wonder-woman-part-two/
"..Every time the bikini was smaller, the sales get higher."

:facepalm: Not a surprised facepalm just one of annoyed frustration. I know its not high brow literature but I'd at least like to see some dignity given to the character.

Unfortunately I envision her fighting super badasses wearing a g-string and halter top. Gotta drive those tickets sales (to sexually-underdeveloped middle-aged men)

Hadn't rea the tags before now, but Now I am getting a chuckle. 'creepy fanservice' is a favourite. I should use it in some of my show of threads. You know the ones where it is totaly not appropriate to the mini being shown

I felt "Creepy Fanservice" was accurate for Sucker Punch. Fanservice is one thing, but fanservice in Walter Mitty-esque mental escapes from the trauma of being molested is pretty far past where I draw the line.

• Like 1

everything about Sucker Punch, except for the action scenes was creepy beyond what I can stomache. There are things that push my 'piss off' buttons and then there are things that push my "I will punch you in the face until God won't recognize you" buttons. much of Sucker Punch falls into the second group.

• Like 3

Hadn't rea the tags before now, but Now I am getting a chuckle. 'creepy fanservice' is a favourite. I should use it in some of my show of threads. You know the ones where it is totaly not appropriate to the mini being shown

I felt "Creepy Fanservice" was accurate for Sucker Punch. Fanservice is one thing, but fanservice in Walter Mitty-esque mental escapes from the trauma of being molested is pretty far past where I draw the line.

The line... yeah, it's over... um...

I lost track of the line years ago.

Good news and bad news...

Good; Denzel Washington as a Green Lantern

Bad: Wonder woman descended from Ancient Kryptonians.

Yeah, the Lantern keeps his magic ring and gets one of the BIGGEST actors in the business, but the Amazons get their mystic origins midichlorinated away!

And that open doors for a theory I have

I kinda wondered how Snyder was planning on demeaning Wonder Woman. WW chasing Superman for SuperBabies! was a idea that entered my brain, but was then discarded because I didn't think Snyder would be that crass, but apparently that is exactly what Snyder's doing! They are going to keep using that ridonkulous herring of Supes having the Kryptonian DNA bank in him. WW's side will have access to a Kryptonain baby maker, but only female DNA so they will pursuing Supes for his DNA bank because they want man-babies! I hope I'm wrong, but I think Snyder's track record speaks for itself.