Recycling Star Wars Minis

Girot

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Money which would have been better spent on anti-teddy bear defenses.

There is no defense against Ewok-Fu. All you can do is die at their fuzzy little hands.

Back in 1983, I went to go see "Return of the Jedi" with a group of friends.

Bill's girlfriend LOVED the Ewoks, whom she called "yub-yubs," since the word "ewok" was never spoken in the movie.

Someone brought up the idea of what happened to all the dead stormtroopers who were killed in the battle.

"I'd imagine the teddy bear people ate them," I said.

Everyone looked at me funny.

"What?" I asked. "They were about to eat Luke and Han before C-3P0 told 'em not to. And they were using their heads for a drumset during the final victory celebration. You saw it."

Bill's girlfriend decided after that that perhaps she didn't love yub-yubs after all.

That just makes them all the more lovable :wub:

• Like 2

I agree completely. Cute does not equal stupid.

I never felt the Ewoks got the homicidal respect they rated, really... considering they won every battle they fought that we know of. And have a habit of eating strangers.

• Like 4

Does anybody really need five Darth Vader Advanced Tie Fighters?

No.

But they'll still come in handy.

In short, yes. The question is, why only five?

I had six but I accidentally drilled all the way through one of them when I was modding them for their new bases. I gave it to my son and doesn't seem to care, lol. He's got Black 2 and Black 3 too so that worked out really well.

Reminds me of a Star Wars comic I read a while back where an Imperial veteran was in a bar recounting his time on Endor's moon. Young troops laughed at him for losing to a bunch of teddy bears, but he went on to tell his story of how the Ewoks were vicious soldiers who used guerrilla tactics to win. It paralleled the Vietcong in the Vietnam War. Put RotJ and the Ewoks in a whole new light for me.

• Like 2

ah, because there is another one that mentions how the stone tools and weapons of the ewoks where so deadly was because they were poisoned, and got a little bit gritty about the suffocating effect of having your lungs stop working. it was rather viscious. Painted those little bears in a whole new, somewhat horrific light

• Like 1

Think about it though... we're talking about a race of sentient, intellegent, carniverous bears WITH THUMBS. On a world with creatures that get as big as a ten story building they are the top of the food chain. A little plasteel wasn't going to amount to much. On the other hand if the empire had used droids...

• Like 1

Since I can't get TIE Avengers (in that scale) I can afford I'll just made do with those, lol.

Speaking of which.... does anybody know anybody who does 3D printing? I have a ship I need made.

Heat Sync Labs on Main Street in Downtown Mesa had facilities for 3D printing last I checked. I haven't been in while. Look them up on facebook.

• Like 1