Judge Dredd Junk Robot - Mongoose Publishing

Dai-Mongar

This fella's been WIP for far too long, so I got him finished up tonight.

post-3125-0-82839400-1386325708.jpg

Basically, I decided I wanted several different colours on him but I didn't want it to look like an explosion at a clown college. So, I went with four colours, with each colour repeated on three panels (when in doubt with a colour scheme, I use the Rule of Three). I think it worked quite well, and with the servo droid I finished tonight as well it puts me over half way to completing the renegade robot gang - only another servo droid, a robodog and the combat droid to go!

• Like 12

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get sad every time I see this miniature. I was actually sick when I started my prep work on this miniature so my brain was a big foggy due to the medication (at least, that is my excuse!). As a result, I actually clipped off the pan handle on his head as I thought it was really big flash.

At some later point in time, I looked at the figure and thought - wait a minute....

• Like 1

I get sad every time I see this miniature. I was actually sick when I started my prep work on this miniature so my brain was a big foggy due to the medication (at least, that is my excuse!). As a result, I actually clipped off the pan handle on his head as I thought it was really big flash.

At some later point in time, I looked at the figure and thought - wait a minute....

Aww, that's sad. Though it kind of makes him even more lovably pathetic - he couldn't even get a hold if a pan with a handle to cover his robo-brain!

Aww, that's sad. Though it kind of makes him even more lovably pathetic - he couldn't even get a hold if a pan with a handle to cover his robo-brain!

Ha - I've never thought of a robot with a giant gun for a hand as being "lovably pathetic"!

:lol:

• Like 1

Maybe convert it to a colander? :lol:

I think one of the milestones of the hobby is accidentally clipping off a piece of a miniature that wasn't actually sprue or flash.

• Like 3

Maybe convert it to a colander? :lol:

I think one of the milestones of the hobby is accidentally clipping off a piece of a miniature that wasn't actually sprue or flash.

Ooh! Does this mean I'm no longer a noob!?

• Like 1