Sign in to follow this  
TGP

2013 Twelve Days of Reaper discussion thread

My order says it's still in pre-shipment. Been in that status since the 18th. But with the storms, and backlogs, and holidays, and that the tracking might not even be updating I'll give it more time.

Mine sat in preshipment for three days, then suddenly teleported to the next city over and was delivered to my house that night. I think USPS isn't really updating tracking.

I ordered on the Santa Mousling day and got a nice bag of bones containing 15! Bones. (One was the large Orc Champion). I also got the Christmas Wreath and Ginger Cookie paints. This is good because I am new to miniature painting and had just ordered the 2 Master Series HD kits. Those happen to be the only paints I own now, besides a few bottles I bought from a local gaming store.

I'd also add that Reaper has excellent customer service.

• Like 6

Well, no Wreath Green for me, I was really hopeful. ::(:

My stocking turned out pretty decent, I think:

77134: Hajad, Pirate ($2.49)
77133: Gruff Grimecleaver, Dwarf Pirate ($1.99)
77182: Arachnid Archer ($3.49)
77104: Blacktongue, Gnoll Archer ($2.99)
77042: Orc Marauder (Sword and Shield) ($2.79)
77170: Clay Golem ($2.79)
89010: Damiel, Iconic Alchemist ($2.49)
89008: Feiya, Iconic Witch ($2.79)
89006: Seoni, Iconic Sorceress ($2.79)
77031: Cassie, Gnome Wizard ($1.99)
77010: Kobolds (6) ($3.49) (just 3 for me, not 6)

• Like 5

That is an awesome stocking!

I would inform there was no Wreath Green in my original package.i strongly doubt there will be in the replacement, but at least the stocking should have Ginger Cookie. ^_^

Same here. Wish I could've made a third order for the 12 Days but miniature market was down to the very last of three minis I needed for RotR. One was a stone giant and one a fire giant. They are both pretty hard to come by so they got the last of my pre-Christmas miniature cash. Got a nice haul from them as well but it doesn't compare to the stocking deal Reaper had. Hopefully they'll have Wreath Green again next year. I don't think anybody was dissatisfied with their extra stocking loot. I felt like I hit the jackpot. 8 of the minis in my stocking were sculpts I didn't own. Time to prep for game day!

• Like 2

I have far too many unpainted bones but still wish I had more. The stocking was a fantastic promo. Do they do other promos like this or is it just a Christmas time thing?

(No, stop, you dont need more bones. Paint the 2 dozen you already have and then your kickstarter II will have arrived and you will have plenty for years to come.)

Cant... stop... feel the need... for more....

Edited by Ted Kord
  • Like 2

Well, no Wreath Green for me, I was really hopeful. ::(:

My stocking turned out pretty decent, I think:

77134: Hajad, Pirate ($2.49)

77133: Gruff Grimecleaver, Dwarf Pirate ($1.99)

77182: Arachnid Archer ($3.49)

77104: Blacktongue, Gnoll Archer ($2.99)

77042: Orc Marauder (Sword and Shield) ($2.79)

77170: Clay Golem ($2.79)

89010: Damiel, Iconic Alchemist ($2.49)

89008: Feiya, Iconic Witch ($2.79)

89006: Seoni, Iconic Sorceress ($2.79)

77031: Cassie, Gnome Wizard ($1.99)

77010: Kobolds (6) ($3.49) (just 3 for me, not 6)

That is a killer stocking, especially if you dont have many of them already. The orc marauder, Arachnid and gnoll archer are awesome looking models that are great even if you've already painted them, who doesnt need more evil hordes. Those Iconics are all really nice models if you dont already have them.

• Like 1

I don't have any of them already, these are my first bones. I don't "need" them technically, I got them to learn painting on after my ltpk is done.

So, some pretty cool figures that a newbie is going to destroy. :lol:

• Like 4

In my experience you don't even need to exert physical force. Drop them in boiling or near-boiling water and they pop into shape by themselves almost instantly.

They're a bit wibbly-wabbly when hot, so take care when plunging them into ice water (I use chopsticks for this). But they should turn out just fine with no especial force necessary.

It all depends on what the mini considers it's "natural" position. It's true much of the time they just drift right back to a normal position with no coaxing from you. Other times they are a tiny bit off.

I've found that for the most part their thermal mass is so low I can handle them within 5-10 seconds of taking them out of the water. I then hold it in the position I want it, let it stiffen slightly, dunk it in the ice water, check again, then hold them in the ice water for a few more seconds before I let go and let them steep in the ice water to contemplate their sins.

• Like 4

Yay! My order arrived, and I got Ginger Cookie paint, a nice pile of bones (including a flesh golem, which is good, because it will allow me to do a paint redo), and Christmas Mouslings. Even with the customs that I had to pay (grrrr...), it was a great buy. Can't wait for next year.

• Like 2

post-13030-0-45084500-1388089934_thumb.jpg

And here's the contents my last pair of Bones stockings. Some sword and board guys, a dual wielder in heavy armor, and a kick elf necromancer looking sorceress type with a sword that I'll likely be co-opting for use as one of my gaming PC's.

Hopefully I'll be headed to Michaels' to snag the supplies I need in order to start painting this huge pile of minis I've accumulated.

Or I could just drown everything in Ginger Cookie. I have six bottles of it.

• Like 4