Bones 2 - What Did You Lock In On Your Pledge?

Thes Hunter

2013 Core Set x1
Dungeon Decor x2
Narthrax Dragon x1
Lords of Darkness x1
Unleash the Kraken! x1
Oh, Rats! x1
Gelatinous Cube x1
Greater Demons x1
Water Elementals x1
Demon Lords x1
Dungeon Decor x2
Blightfang Dragon x1
Devils x1
Cinder Dragon x1

Expansion Set 1 x1
Expansion Set 2 x1
Troll Slayer Sophie x2
Dragons Don't Share x1
Thank You Set x1

was going to get Khanjira but with shipping, and the hidden card fee I couldn't. I am sad now :( 

• Like 2

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

locked in just under the wire. probably the smallest pledge in this thread.

Thank You ($1) - wave 2

Burrowing Horror

Blightfang Dragon

Cinder Dragon

Master Series Paint Set

Master Series Paint Set 2

i had a tough time deciding between the kraken and the  dragons. im a huge fan of undersea stuff but i had some cool ideas for the dragons. ill pick up the kracken at retail.

• Like 3

Had to limit my pledge too. Even with the extension of the deadline into January, its a tight time for me to back kickstarters.

Tried to get as much of the big stuff now as I could, hopefully making it easier to get the smaller stuff later at retail.

Anyway. In at Wave 1.

2013 Core Set x1

Narthrax Dragon x1

Mouslings x1

Heroes and Villains x1

Blightfang Dragon x1

Khanjira, the World Breaker x1

Dragons Don't Share x1

• Like 1

Sadly, unlike last time, my funds were limited due to multiple family emergencies.  I couldn't go in when the KS was actually posting. 

I ended up getting in on the post KS deal (with some of them at about a 50% markup from the original KS, which I understand):

1x Mr. Bones 2

1x Trollslayer Sophie (yay!)

1x Khanjira

1x Dragons Don't Share (the whole shebang). 

I wanted to get the entire thing with all expansions (minus mouselings, which I don't personally care for but I've seen a bunch that have been excellently painted).

If I would have had proper funding, Narthrax and the Kraken would have been next, since I think Narthrax looks awesome and I could always use a Kraken. 

• Like 3

I'm with pretty much everyone that waited to the last minute.  Held off as long as I could, thanks to nasty circumstances wiping out every red cent I had to spare from late October on.  The list I wanted required an extra almost $400 in pledge, and by the time I was done it got pared down to $170.  

I figure I can always pick up the smaller stuff once it hits blisters, but when push comes to shove I can't justify to myself spending full retail on the bigger models, not with where my life is at the moment.  They're worth it, the majesty of Kaladrax cannot be described without seeing it in person; even at $75 that sucker's a steal, no doubt in my mind...but with buying/repairing/outfitting/repairing/maintaining/repairing a house, wanting to replace the oil furnace with a gas one in short order, and every other big expense hanging over my head, spending money on hobbies is very hard to sell to myself right now...12 Days of Reaper and RCon were the only times I bought anything mini-related in 2013, and I couldn't tell you the last video game I bought, or how long ago it was.  In 2014 I'll get a Sophie during RCon, and maybe a goodie bag if I can swing it, but until the dust settles the purse strings are going to be pretty tight.

Anyway, what I locked in:

2013 Core Set x1
Narthrax Dragon x1
Unleash the Kraken! x1
Blightfang Dragon x1
Cinder Dragon x1
Mashaaf, Great Old One x1
Khanjira, the World Breaker x1
Dragons Don't Share x1
Expansion Set 3 x1

In case Bryan's watching: Is there any early guesstimates on what the Minotaur Lord will sell for in-blister?  I couldn't afford the $50 for set 2, and couldn't justify set 2 to get that one piece, but I really, really, really want that mini.  And by the time these suckers hit blisters in '15, the car will be paid off and I should have money again!

Edited by Foxden Racing
  • Like 1

In case Bryan's watching: Is there any early guesstimates on what the Minotaur Lord will sell for in-blister?  I couldn't afford the $50 for set 2, and couldn't justify set 2 to get that one piece, but I really, really, really want that mini.  And by the time these suckers hit blisters in '15, the car will be paid off and I should have money again!

I'm always watching.

I have no reliable estimate that I can share - I can make a guess that is in no way official, merely an educated guess.  I'm going with $20, based on Deathsleet and Ebonwrath, maybe as low as $16-18.  

UNOFFICIAL GUESS.

Hwah?

How big is it, again? Because DS & EW... they're pretty big, as I understand it. Bigger than the Fire Dragon, at least...

Can we get a scale shot of it? Or, like, a comparative weight in oz? 'Cause I figured it was about the same size as, say, the Spider Demoness, but with less parts and without the huge back end. But $15-$20... That's more than Rathuros. Or the Collossal Skeleton.

What the hell am I going to do with a forty foot tall minotaur, Reaper? Or is he actually to-scale, the first to be released in your new 52mm RPG, now possible thanks to Bones?

Because I would absolutely be on board with that. Just saying.

• Like 4

What we locked in at:

core x 2

Narthrax x1

Lords of Darkness x1

Mouselings x1

Kraken x2

Hero's and villains x1

gelatinous cube x1

Greater demon x1

water elementals x1

Hill Giants x2

Demon Lords x1

Dungeon Décor x 2

Brightfang x1

Devils x1

Cinder x1

Paint set 1 x2

Paint set 2 x2

figure case x4

Verocithrax x1

Expansion set 1 x2

Expansion set 2 x1

Mashaff x1

Khanjira x1

Dragons Don't Share x 3

Thank You Set x1

DVD bundle x1

Troll Slayer Sophiex1

Barbarians x1

After Locking I wished we could have been able to get more bases but forgot to add before locking. We plan on picking up more of the mounted figures from expansion 2, and not tartis from expansion 3 when they hit retail at least.

• Like 2

An obstinately no way official, believably by no means binding, vehemently quite variable, fervently not fixed, absolutely amorphous, unanimously uncertain, genuine guess [ok, I give up, I'm out of alliteratively awesome ways to say 'subject to change'] is good enough for me.  Gives me something to look forward to once the KS2 stuff hits retail!

• Like 1

Hwah?

How big is it, again? Because DS & EW... they're pretty big, as I understand it. Bigger than the Fire Dragon, at least...

Can we get a scale shot of it? Or, like, a comparative weight in oz? 'Cause I figured it was about the same size as, say, the Spider Demoness, but with less parts and without the huge back end. But $15-$20... That's more than Rathuros. Or the Collossal Skeleton.

What the hell am I going to do with a forty foot tall minotaur, Reaper? Or is he actually to-scale, the first to be released in your new 52mm RPG, now possible thanks to Bones?

Because I would absolutely be on board with that. Just saying.

It's a boss. Even large minotaurs are Baphomet's minions. For high level play, regular 10' minotaurs just won't cut it. Have you ever seen the Rune Giant mini? The thing's enormous and they can attack in groups! I paid $50 for my Ruin giant mini. That's the price of the whole expansion 2. The Lord of Minotaurs is a steal by comparison even if he's not as large as a Rune Giant. Trust me, it'll be very usable.

This is what I finally settled on:

2013 Core Set
Troll Slayer Sophie X2
Barbarians x2
Lords of Darkness
Heroes and Villains
Hill Giants
Demon Lords
Dungeon Decor 2
Cinder Dragon
Khanjira, the World Breaker
Dragons Don't Share
Thank You Set
Expansion Set 1
Expansion Set 2
Expansion Set 3

There's more that I wanted, but common sense had to win out somewhere. There's also some stuff that came in various sets that I'll be looking to trade off in a year or so, when I actually get them.

• Like 1

Finally! I feel ashamed as I'm a huge Reaper fan but just couldn't pass on the prices on a few of these.

Shipping out in Wave 6

Thank You ($1) x1

Mister Bones ($1) x1

Narthrax Dragon ($12) x1

Mouslings ($10) x1

Unleash the Kraken! ($15) x1 (wanted this one since I first saw it I resin at ReaperCon)

Mashaaf, Great Old One ($12) x1

Troll Slayer Sophie ($2) x1

Dragons Don't Share ($35) x1 (my initial pledge amount)

Really wanted a few other items but I can wait for retail.

• Like 1

This is what my order ended up looking like...

2013 Core Set ($100) x4

Dungeon Monsters ($7) x2

Dungeon Decor ($6) x3

Bully for You ($10) x1

Sylvan Creatures ($8) x1

Narthrax Dragon ($12) x2

Mouslings ($10) x1

Unleash the Kraken! ($15) x2

Heroes and Villains ($10) x1

Gelatinous Cube ($10) x1

Greater Demons ($12) x1

Hill Giants ($10) x3

Demon Lords ($15) x1

Dungeon Decor ($10) x2

Blightfang Dragon ($10) x3

Cinder Dragon ($10) x4

Master Series Paint Set ($18) x2

Figure Case ($30) x2

Verocithrax Dragon ($15) x3

Expansion Set 1 ($50) x3

Mister Bones ($1) x1

Troll Slayer Sophie ($2) x2

Burrowing Horrow ($4) x2

Master Series Paint Set 2 ($18) x2

Mashaaf, Great Old One ($12) x2

Khanjira, the World Breaker ($25) x5

Dragons Don't Share ($35) x5

Nathavarr, Dragon ($15) x3

Thank You Set ($20) x1

Cadirith ($15) x1

Expansion Set 2 ($50) x1

Now, all that wasn't just for me....but most of it is. The real question is "how long will it take me to get to painting this Bones stuff after I get my Wrath of Kings kickstarter order in May...".

• Like 1

Here's my order, we got in on wave 1. 

• 2013 Core Set
  • Lords of Darkness
  • Mouslings
  • Unleash the Kraken!
  • Figure Case x2
  • Master Series Paint Set 2
  • Mashaaf, Great Old One
  • Expansion Set 2
  • Thank You Set

Initially I was worried about the expansion sets - what percentage would I have to really like before getting the set? Fortunately that never happened, as expansion #2 and the thank you set are both 100% awesome. I also just about universally loved all the additions to the core set, which was even better than I expected.

We just found out we'll be moving to the US before this thing ships, but don't know what our address will be yet. Not sure what's going to happen with that extra international shipping.

• Like 1