Bones 2 - What Did You Lock In On Your Pledge?

Thes Hunter

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cinder's neat, but his pose was too static for me, and there's just something about the arms I didn't personally care for. I got Narthrax and DDS2, which are my two favorites, so I'm a happy camper. ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Those are the two must haves for me too, although I am hoping to have some of the other dragons in my final pledge. Blightfang at least anyway.

• Like 1

I debated for a loooooooooong time whether to get Blightfang, since he's so cool (look again, his scales are now LEAVES), but it eventually came down my wanting to stay as close to our original pledge as possible so Husband would be happy, so he got cut. :down:

Huzzah!

I was very on the fence about Blightfang but in the end I got him along with all the others. I don't have any large dragons. I'll have to order one for the Pathfinder Dragon's Demand module. I'm about to start it and something that I can paint green will have to be ordered. I guess that final Sophie will be mine after all. I'm already so broke. lol With the kickstarter, 2 Reaper orders and a Miniature Market order all within the last few days you'd think I would have gotten one dragon! ¬_¬

I'll inevitably end up with more than this once everything hits retail but here's what I locked in:

2013 Core Set x1
Lords of Darkness x1
Greater Demons x1
Demon Lords x1
Expansion Set 1 x1
Expansion Set 2 x1
Mashaaf, Great Old One x1
Dragons Don't Share x1
Thank You Set x1

The only real surprises in my list are that I dropped Expansion Set 3 and picked up Expansion Set 2.

• Like 2

I managed to resist adding anything post Kickstarter. In particular the Expansions were a little to hit or miss for me to be justified in getting them. Might pick up some stuff at retail later.

2013 Core Set x1
Mouslings x1
Unleash the Kraken! x1
Heroes and Villains x1
Gelatinous Cube x1
Master Series Paint Set x1
Verocithrax Dragon x1
Master Series Paint Set 2 x1
Mashaaf, Great Old One x1
Dragons Don't Share x1

• Like 2

I debated for a loooooooooong time whether to get Blightfang, since he's so cool (look again, his scales are now LEAVES), but it eventually came down my wanting to stay as close to our original pledge as possible so Husband would be happy, so he got cut. :down:

Huzzah!

I went loony on my order, since I regretted not doing likewise on the first KS:

2013 Core Set x1

Narthrax Dragon x2

Lords of Darkness x1

Mouslings x1

Heroes and Villains x1

Water Elementals x1

Hill Giants x1

Blightfang Dragon x2

Cinder Dragon x1

Expansion Set 2 x1

Troll Slayer Sophie x1

Dragons Don't Share x2

I will split this between a friend and myself. He wanted "all the dragons" so he's taking 1 Narthrax, 1 Blightfang, 1 DDS, the Cinder, and the extra Sophie. I didn't care much for the Cinder, for exactly the reason OneBoot didn't, and I really debated about moving the $10 from Blightfang into a different addon but nothing else really caught my eye. I thought about exchanging him for bases but then inner-me said "You're exchanging a dragon for a handful of discs?" and I decided that was rather silly.

I actually had a third friend who wanted just DDS, but when I added a 3rd one to my pledge the shipping jumped $30.

I didn't opt for the paints, since I would rather 5 colours I want than 12 I don't for the same price. I also didn't opt for any of the mega-minis like Khan (too big; single-use), and didn't want to commit to the Thank You set since there are no greens, only 3D/2D art. As much as I really want the Jen Haley/Anne Foerster DVD set, I can't see myself spending $25 when I can just use some-random-guy on YouTube for free.

Anyways, that's me rationalizing the expense of $385, which includes $60 for shipping, so $325 if I lived state-side. And then, for what it's worth, I went and dropped $75 on the 12DoR sale for LTPK4 and 5.

• Like 4

I got one of all the Bones except for the mouslings (they look great but I just don't have a use for them).

I'm the same way, they are "cute" and all, but I have no inclination whatsoever to own them nor paint them.

Want to try a new technique? There's a target! Want to surprise that female friend with some jewelry? Display it on a nicely painted Mouslings. There can be all sorts of uses for them!

Truth be told, I have an 12 year old daughter. If I didn't, the mouselings wouldn't have made it on my list either. Considering how she jumped up and down and squeaked "sooo cute!" Game over. They had to be on the list. She already plays a halfling and a gnome in Pathfinder, I knew those tiny cutelings would eventually make their way onto her bookcase.

Edited by CorallineAlgae
  • Like 4