Clint's Collection

Clint

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the granite-like effects on the stone golem. How'd you do the speckling?.

With a toothbrush. Applied the paint directly to the toothbrush, then pulled my thumb back along the bristles, sending paint flying everywhere. As you might imagine, this made a terrible mess, but a wonderful granite texture.

• Like 2

I like the granite-like effects on the stone golem. How'd you do the speckling?.

With a toothbrush. Applied the paint directly to the toothbrush, then pulled my thumb back along the bristles, sending paint flying everywhere. As you might imagine, this made a terrible mess, but a wonderful granite texture.

I'm considering doing the same thing to get a good blood splatter on 80022: Berkeley, Zombie Hunter when I get around to painting her.

It's great getting back into doing regular painting, isn't it? I finally got my A into G earlier this year as well, and like you I've painted more in that time than the last five years or so. It's easy to say that you don't have enough time for it, but if you push yourself to do it regularly you can see the improvements.

That sarcophagus is really cool!  I can imagine stumbling into a room and finding this in the center...opened...and feeling a growing chill come up my spine as the realization that the occupant is still close by.

Love the granite texture you achieved on the golem as well!  

On 23/12/2013 at 6:05 PM, Clint said:

With the holidays and some family emergencies, all I've had time for have been the minis I've done for the Monday Miniature challenge.

mini_a_week_50__stone_golem_by_greylond-

and

Hey Clint,

I would like your autorisation for using the picture of your Golem for my blog (http://chti-reanimator59.blogspot.fr) and a work in progress i produce for my next edition.

Of course, if you are agree i will link this page to my own page to make people follow your work if they are interested

thank you for your interest

Cheers

Eric

Edited by nervisfr
  • Like 2

You're aware that Clint hasn't been online here since 2014?

Unless he set up email notification(to a current email account) on replies to his thread, or when quoted, he won't notice you asking him. 

Either PM him or find another way of contacting him.

4 hours ago, nervisfr said:

Hey Clint,

I would like your autorisation for using the picture of your Golem for my blog (http://chti-reanimator59.blogspot.fr) and a work in progress i produce for my next edition.

Of course, if you are agree i will link this page to my own page to make people follow your work if they are interested

thank you for your interest

Cheers

Eric

Permission granted.  Thanks for asking!

4 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

You're aware that Clint hasn't been online here since 2014?

Unless he set up email notification(to a current email account) on replies to his thread, or when quoted, he won't notice you asking him. 

Either PM him or find another way of contacting him.

Until I saw an email about this a few hours ago, I had no idea any of this existed.  Back in 2014, I went into a coma.  When I finally came out, I thought it was 1998.  Been a strange, wild ride since then.  Really weird looking at minis I don't remember painting.

Thank god for email notification, eh?

• Like 2