• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Iridil
      I've bought several Christmas minis over the years, but this is the first one I painted! He's such a cute fellow and I had fun with him, even if it was Dec 28th before he was done... 

• By Grim
      I may end up doing a bunch of image dumps - I've painted a lot this year and maybe I should just post them in sets. 

This one, though, deserves its own post, I think.  I painted up the Green Dragon Hatchling from waaaay back in Bones 2, showed it to my wife, and she made some suggestions - so here you have it painted up as a Swamp Dragon from the Discworld, as kept by Lady Sybil of Ankh-Morpork.  I gave them a collar and name plate, and since they're a tame dragon, I gave them a few chew toys, including a Rolly Ball just like Rex of "Snake Discovery," as can be seen here:

https://www.twitch.tv/snakediscovery

Comments, criticisms, and suggestions welcome!

• By SotF
      I actually painted this shortly before the lockdowns started when the store had it and the D&D campaign I was in was running Lost Mines and we'd gotten to the beginning of the dragon encounter. So I'd painted it up and brought it in since the DM didn't have a green dragon of the right size and the sculpt actually looks a lot like the D&D Green Dragon if you remove the tail blades.

After running it, another friend wanted to borrow the mini for an adventure he was running right as lockdown started and I just got it back.

The big thing with it was the expirament with various stick on plastic jewels and if I could use gold and silver glitter with a large enough size to work for coins as a a workable basing material with some added wash ontop. I like the result there and it gives the feel of the dragons hoard that it might have been napping on when someone woke it up.
    • By planetmut
      I sprayed him with black primer, then used overbrushes/drybrushes of Citadel Barak-Nar Burgundy and Vallejo Red Violet and Sunset Red followed by a wash/glaze of Vallejo Game Colour Red Wash.

• By Iridil
      This is such a beautiful sculpt! I spent a lot of time just looking at it, thinking. I did not really achieve my vision, but done is done. This small dragon is applealing enough I may do another some day when I have more time to devote and hopefully more skill. Trying for a tropical look, stated with parrot colors, but that didn't work - and this was where I landed!