Slashhamster

Bones 77137 - Sarcophagus (and bonus treasure)

It would have never occured to me to go with light colored marble. It is gorgeous. with the red roses and silk liner this is very striking. Congrats on a lovely piece...

And have not tried P3 metallics, but have found Vallejo Air metallics to have very fine "metalic" flakes that work well with minis since they are designed to go through an air brush.

• Like 1

Supremely stunning marbling.

Opinion: I'm not sure how much is lighting vs shading, but I would have still chosen a colour with a bit more contrast for the lamp. From a distance it might not be distinguishable. If that was the effect you were going for however...

• Like 1

Opinion: I'm not sure how much is lighting vs shading, but I would have still chosen a colour with a bit more contrast for the lamp. From a distance it might not be distinguishable. If that was the effect you were going for however...

You're absolutely right. This was a quickie paint job, and I didn't do a good job of setting things apart, color wise. The shadows could use some more definition as well. Maybe I'll run a glaze of something over the lamp to set it apart.

Thanks for the comments!

My wife found a great trick for treasure piles. Get a tube of gold glitter from the craft store. The individual bits are just the size of small coins. Adds a nice touch when you look at it and you get flashes of gold light from the reflective glitter.

Looking great :)

• Like 1