TimeWatch Kickstarter from Pelgrane Press

ladystorm

Nah, he should be a disgruntled artist that wants to simultaneously possess the great masters' works so he can learn form them, and remove from history any art that is superior to his so he can be the best without having to actually be better NOW.

Because Time travelers can be petty also.

Maybe it's Fred DaVinci, Leo's kid brother, stole a time device of Leo's design!  OMG this is getting better by the second!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really, really need to name a NPC "Wehrmhol."

We're doing well! 9 days to go, and we're coming out of the mid-Kickstarter slump that every project other than BONES seems to go through. Still on track to hit the $60K (Lovecraftian Mythos) and $70K (96-page campaign supplement PDF included free) stretch goals. We may even nail the Parallel Universes goal -- tell friends, rah rah rah!

I've also gone through and fixed the "oh my lord, the Kickstarter page is a giant block of text" problem. So I'm happier, too.  :D

- Kevin

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kevinkulp/timewatch-gumshoe-investigative-time-travel-rpg

• Like 1

I don't want to tell you how to run things - but one thing we had happen to us early on was out project got so long that we could no longer add new things to the homepage.  

We solved this by combining multiple images into one image, and then just replacing that image as needed.

When I'm looking over your Unlocked goals part, that's a big ol' wall o' text.  It could be handled as a graphic that has dollar amounts and text in columnar format, like:

------------------------------------------------------------
| |----------------| |----------------| |----------------| |
| |$5,000 UNLOCKED!| |$6,000 UNLOCKED!| |$7,000 Unlocked!| |
| |                | |                | |                | |
| |Timewatch Tablet| |Character-Build | |Expanded Races  | |
| |Edition!        | |made Easy!      | |                | |
| |DEscriptive text| |Descriptive Text| |Descriptive Text| |
| |----------------| |----------------| |----------------| |

It would allow let you add some color - the snazzy black and green theme would be reinforced, and you can drop in some graphical elements, like clocks and raptor silhouettes.

Feel free to ignore - just my $.02

And It really looks better already, I'm not complaining.

• Members

I'd move all the descriptive text for completed stretch goals off KS to be honest.. just have a graphic with a table of all the stretch goals unlocked and a link to a page with all the detailed info on each stretch goal..  I hate having to scroll through pages and pages of already included stretch goals to find other things

Edited by SamuraiJack

I don't want to tell you how to run things - but one thing we had happen to us early on was out project got so long that we could no longer add new things to the homepage.  

We solved this by combining multiple images into one image, and then just replacing that image as needed.

When I'm looking over your Unlocked goals part, that's a big ol' wall o' text.  It could be handled as a graphic that has dollar amounts and text in columnar format, like:...

[snip]

It would allow let you add some color - the snazzy black and green theme would be reinforced, and you can drop in some graphical elements, like clocks and raptor silhouettes.

Feel free to ignore - just my $.02

And It really looks better already, I'm not complaining.

Things that I wish: that I had been clever enough to set an email reminder on this thread, so I'd seen this! Excellent advice. I think I did an okay job of finally breaking up the giant Wall Of Text, but not as good a job as I'd like. When I ran into the 35K character limit, I started removing extraneous text.  :D

Still, what a fantastic experience. Thank you folks SO MUCH for your support. There's a reason I have loved Reaper for years, this just reminds me.

And DANG. We're now down to the last 8 hours on TimeWatch, with every other stretch goal unlocked and only $,7100 to full color. I'm up at 4:30am, It's completely exciting, and it's totally okay for me to start drinking at 5am, right?

- Kevin

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kevinkulp/timewatch-gumshoe-investigative-time-travel-rpg

Edited by Kevin Kulp
  • Like 1

And DANG. We're now down to the last 8 hours on TimeWatch, with every other stretch goal unlocked and only $,7100 to full color. I'm up at 4:30am, It's completely exciting, and it's totally okay for me to start drinking at 5am, right?

- Kevin

That's the great thing about time travel, it's always cocktail hour somewhen!

5k  to unlock colour....