Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
It's the weekend again (or pre-weekend) and it's time to get the some painting on!
In continuation of our Paint Club, here's the Chaos Toad Savage.
* Looking to inspiration first before jumping in was helpful. I pulled the image below to make a two toned toad helped steer the underbelly and eyes.
* Blending the chest to the arms was fun to try. I'd wanted to do wet blending, but this was an easy one to do as a warm up. Blended Khaki to Refractive Green. Win!
* Used 2 different washes to help bring out the tones of the paints: body got Agrax Earthshade and the chest got Fleshtone. Win
* Eyes - tried doing black circles with black center and round it with a yellow/white mix. Win! Although...room for improvement.
* Goth nails in black. Win.
* Yellow highlights with stippeling rather than brushing on was a good choice. Will do that more. Noted that it was hard on the brush to do that.
* Big win on upping highlight in the cape (can be seen on the back) well by going up 3 highlights. I really like it!
* Eyes got pushed too far. I ended up going back to try and add a white reflective detail. Fail.
* I feel the blisters on the skin could be different color. Wasn't sure what else to go with, but open to ideas.
* Pushing contrast was a note I took from someone last time, but still felt this wasn't high enough. Really tried on the chest, but too much.
* The mouth, teeth, and tongue look good, but still cartoonish. Would like to add some realism to it. Not sure how to do that?
* Washing I was happy with, but would love to hear other ideas for putting over this toad. Maybe oil wash to deepen it?
* Chest needs more definition. The separation between the pectoral muscles could be drawn further. How?
As always - open to some feedback!
This is the mini I painted a few months back.
My first try at painting tattoos too :D
I'm very happy how he turned out, I've used him as a boss in my dnd campaign and people loved him :D
Next to a Mantic Greatax Orc :D
Next to a heavily converted 03197: Thelgar Halfblood :D
Who's Online 13 Members, 1 Anonymous, 89 Guests (See full list)