2014 Goals

1) Finish Painting Reaper goblins (lots)

2) Finish Painting Mantic orcs (lots)

3) Work out a system for basing O&G army.

4) Paint some of the kickstarter Bones that will let me learn techniques needed to start an Elf army.

I think that if I work #4 in with batches of #1 & #2, that should help keep me somewhat sane.

• Like 3

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprisingly enough, I'm already making good progress...but then again, the Santa Groundhog thing is keeping me focused.

1) New Techniques: Thanks to some extremely helpful members of the forums, I've got a 4.0GPA in the school of hard knocks so far. Learning to wash and glaze first.

2) Cataloging system: Rudimentary, but functional. Would much rather have a database, but can make do with a spreadsheet for now.

3) Pinning: Been practicing on old food containers, but haven't been able to take my pinning material back to get the right size yet between a lack of free time and temperatures so low my car's tires were too cold to flex

• Like 1

Goal for the year: Full company of the Anubis Guards completely done, most have base coat plus a few other colors. Full company of Malvernis. I have two platoons, a few are painted, but not done. I would like to get one or two companies of infantry done as well. I do have to purchase more minis for the Malvernis and the infantry, but I hope to make this a banner year for me and CAV.

• Like 3

Here are my goals:

• Paint more than last year. I only did 15 in 2013, so this shouldn't be too hard.
  • Finish painting the sculpt I did of my wife's character.
  • Participate in more contests - including the 2014 giant challenge.
  • Slowly build sculpting skills by making bases and doing conversions.
  • Learn how to paint decent metallics.
  • Use newly-honed metallics skills to paint Wyrmgear that I was hoping to get done last year.
  • Like 2

I just realised that by setting a target of 200 I may have messed up. I want to paint some dragons but how would I count them in the total 1 model or equivalent to 5/10 standard humanoid models?

Similarly I have some horse and cart vehicles how would you count them!?

I may have already set myself an achievable goal!

Edited by Edsterdoom

I just realised that by setting a target of 200 I may have messed up. I want to paint some dragons but how would I count them in the total 1 model or equivalent to 5/10 standard humanoid models?

Hardcore mode. One miniature counts as one miniature, regardless of size :)

• Like 6

Hardcore mode. One miniature counts as one miniature, regardless of size :)

I might be tempted to count the horses and carriage as separate miniatures, much like I counted Wyrmgear and his Gnome pilot as separate. But I only counted Wyrmgear as one fig.