Citrine

Teronus the Ultimate Dragon

A truly wonderful paint job that while clearly inspired by the photo of the model on the original box, surpasses it in everyway.

Really. Very well done. Congratulations! ::D:

• Like 1

Fantastic work Citrine, you really made it a piece of art with your superb painting skills. I always make sure to follow your WIPs and Show-offs as yours is among what inspires me to be a better painter.

• Like 1

The scales look very neat and clean, and I think he must be taking very good care of his teeth as well. Lovely!

• Like 1

Thanks all, the Dragon challenge was a great idea. Without that I would not have tackled such a big project. And there has been so many great dragon paint jobs to ogle and drool over in the last few days, it has been a visual feast!

Edited by Citrine
  • Like 1

Amazing work, full of character. That bad boy would take pride of place at the head of any mini collection. Would love a quick break down of your painting process and colours used. I'm nicking this paint scheme. ;)

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nightwing
      This is the Wizard from Grenadier’s Wizards box set circa 1980. Most of the minis from the set were called variations like Sorcerer, Illusionist, Magician, and Warlock. But there are also 2 druids and a cleric included. 

I painted all the minis from the set in my teens, then wanted to repaint them in my early 20’s so I had my friend sandblast(!) the paint off. That eroded much of the detail. So the detail in the beard, hands, imp, is almost all painted in. 

• By 72moonglum
      Hello everybody,
      here's one I just completed, a Ral Partha female adventurer, I think sculpted by Julie Guthrie, because it's from the All Things Dark and Dangerous range.  Hoping the photos are in proper focus.

I really enjoyed the fact she had a sling and that the sling ball was sculpted into it.  Not overly happy with my metals on this one, but she'll do for now!
    • By Lord of the Dish Pit
      These HeartBreaker minis were the first ones I bought that weren't part of a boardgame, or Warhammer starter set. Years ago I had a fair sized Undead army, and thru the magic of Simple Green, the time has come to rebuild and repaint that army. 

Later they were reinforced with these friendly fellows from Grenadier.

This time around, I built them a unit tray from balsa wood, insulation foam, and wood putty.

• By Nightwing
      This the bonus figure that came in Grenadier Dragon Lords 9602 Red Dragon II, circa 1989.  See my work on the Dragon here: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/82205-grenadier-9602-red-dragon-ii/

This guy mimics the dragon’s colors, but not very well. Overall a pretty plain mini. Im terrible with reds. Damned colorblindness...

• By 72moonglum
      Hello guys and gals,

So I had shown off the face of this poor lass a day or two ago, due to the fact that she had a horrible accident with a bottle of red paint and I had to repair her.  She's okay though now, and here is what she looks like in her entirety:

with a nice little size comparison photo just for fun. She's small, but not super small, but always nice to have the option to check her size out:

and if you are at all interested in seeing her painful plastic surgery, you can check out here:

A face full of blood

Which will show you my temporary chagrin and dismay.  You'll see another miniature I'm posting at more or less the same time, a Ral Partha Allosaurus, that was the culprit of the red paint.

Anyway, another miniature done, chiseling away at my mortal coil!

Next!!!
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 304 Guests (See full list)