Sign in to follow this  
Citrine

Three Bones and some bonus oldies

I painted up Horace Action Jackson (Bones 80023) up really quick (2 hours) as something different from Teronus the dragon. The NMM on the gun is the first time I have succesfully done steel NMM, yay. The white shirt was done to test the recipe for white (Reaper MSP Cloudy Gray, Misty Grey, Pure White) from paintdawg in this thread http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/52298-reapers-anima-tactics-and-one-ancient-ral-partha/ . I think it came out very nice, and will definitely use that recipe again. Maybe there are some Unicorns in my future.

post-4115-0-39122300-1388513168.jpg

post-4115-0-40291800-1388513170.jpg

Fulumbar (Bones 77011) was started at the painting faces class at GenCon with Lyn Stahl (Thanks Lyn, I really enjoyed your class!). I finished him a while ago, but I hadn't gotten my photo setup out until now.

post-4115-0-29207600-1388513369.jpg

post-4115-0-42625100-1388513371.jpg

Michelle (Bones 77022) is the one I like the least out of this bunch, the casting was a little flat in places, so I didn't spend a lot of time on her. At least she is fine for table-top, which is where most all my minis will end up. The picture actually looks better than the figure does in real life. That is a first.

post-4115-0-32864300-1388513633.jpg

post-4115-0-08827300-1388513635.jpg

And last I will show off some mini's I painted 20+ years ago using Testors enamel. I am pretty sure all six are from Grenadiers Julie Guthrie lines:

post-4115-0-84365800-1388513773_thumb.jpg

post-4115-0-78036900-1388513776_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

Wow even 20 years ago you were putting out some impressive table-top quality work that a lot of people would be jealous of. Thanks for sharing!

On a side note, I may have to steal your Action Jackson color scheme. I wasn't ever going to paint him up, but then my DM brought over a big box of blister packed minis and inside the box was a set of 3 umm "ladies of the night" that my DM would like painted up. It'll be a little diorama that Action Jackson will star in w/ these three ladies of the night, perhaps in a red light district.

• Like 2

Great stuff as always, Citrine! Those old enamels are really clean, too.

I was going to gripe that I posted that white recipe a couple weeks earlier than the dawg, but then I saw that I only alluded to it when painting Doug from Zombicide. Pretty much the same white, and it's awesome. Nice nmm, too. Took me a while to get steel down and I'm still not certain I have it yet.

• Like 2

Nice job on all of them. I remember those Grenadier minis, have a lot of them. Julie Guthrie's Personalities line from the early 90's. If it weren't for the change in scale they could hold their own vs modern figures.

• Like 1

Just loving the older figures, the colors (especially the skin tones) and the details. It's funny about enamel paint being used, and I was looking at an old RAFM catalog from 1994, and enamel paint is exactly what they recommend in their painting instructions, and talking about how long you need to let it dry before you do washes and such. Kind of crazy!

• Like 1