Sign in to follow this  
vutpakdi

ReaperCon 2014 Official Discussion Thread

Thank you for the official announcement.

The Hilton Garden Inn Lewisville is pretty nice. It's located near the mall in Lewisville, and it's got a large convention space attached (which is unusual for an HGI).

Ron

Thank you for the official announcement.

The Hilton Garden Inn Lewisville is pretty nice. It's located near the mall in Lewisville, and it's got a large convention space attached (which is unusual for an HGI).

Ron

Yeah, it is pretty nice. Lots of space for us to grow into. And only about 15 minutes from Reaper HQ, which is good.

Ron, can we get official words on what the theme is this year? Those of us who make costumes need as much time as possible to come up with something awesome.

Western themed this year, but don't take that *too* literally. Western could mean cowboys and Indians, or it could mean fantasy western, or it could mean steampunk western. Have fun with it!

How about space cowboys ala Firefly?

• Like 3

western eh? I guess that begs the question. should I wear the black felt cowboy hat, or the much more climate appropriate, but less authentic white straw weave cowboy hat?

• Like 1

There's likely to be a meet and greet around 6pm, either at the warehouse or at the hotel. Before that Reaper asks that you allow them to finish the business day and setup for the con.

Shadowraven, why not wear both, the con runs for several days.

• Like 1

because cowboy hats do not travel well unless they are in a box, and I hate paying for extra luggage, though I could try and make my brother wear one for the flight down and back.....

• Like 1

The events will be inside an air conditioned facility, so either would work well enough. End of April shouldn't be blazing hot. Shouldn't. ::):

Ron

Thanks for the info. If I can swing the air ticket this year I may make it afterall.

• Like 3

So to clarify, ReaperCon will start the 24th, meaning classes and whatnot, so I should fly in the 23rd? What is going on the 27th? My instinct would say I need to also have the 23rd and 27th, wish the rate extended to either side for those of us flying in. Even if I could book a late flight out Sunday, I'd rather not wrap up the weekend carrying my luggage around and then scrambling to the airport at the end of the day.

Tentatively I'm looking at flying in before dinner on the 23rd and flying out late morning on the 28th.

Sunday most people sit around exhausted or hung over until the auction around 2-3pm. There are classes scheduled for the morning. Lots of last minute shopping and goodbyes. Lots of people head home.

Most hotels have a free luggage check where you can leave bags after you check out, until it is time for your flight.

• Like 4

Sunday most people sit around exhausted or hung over until the auction around 2-3pm.

Sooooooooo very true hehe.

Cash I've done that particular schedule for quite a few years. To be honest I've never really have looked or noticed the dollar amount on the hotel (maybe I should).

Thou I've always left before check out on Monday. Also will there be early check ins for people arrivng on Wednesday? I generally get to Texas around 1pm or so.

• Like 1

Early check-in at the hotel can't be controlled by Reaper or even the hotel. They will usually let you check-in early if the room is ready.