vutpakdi

ReaperCon 2014 Official Discussion Thread

My mistake, I was thinking of the HGI in Denton, which is where events were held last year. The Lewisville location is much closer to the airport.

And I am glad to see it's near Spring Creek bbq, which was always one of my favorites. I recommend the ribs.

Edited by Inarah
  • Like 1

Google says the Hilton is about 10 miles from the Airport and the adverage travel time is 15 with no traffic.

That is if you are driving. See, cabbies know these secret "shortcuts" that only seem the minimize your wallet, not the travel time.

I thought all this time it was the one in Denton as well. All the better now as it's even closer to me and I'll be sleeping in my own bed during Reapecon. This HGI is close to the airport... I'd say 10 minutes without traffic is a good estimate maybe even less if your cab driver has a lead foot.

My work schedule is a bit up in the air right now, but if all stays the same as it is now, I could probably stop by the airport as DFW airport is on my way through Wednesday afternoon after work. I'd probably be passing through around 4:00 or so but I could hang around a little while if someone is coming in around that time. I can post a more firm time as the date gets closer.

• Like 1

I'd say 10 minutes without traffic is a good estimate maybe even less if your cab driver has a lead foot.

LOL! That stretch of road is never without traffic. It's a major artery for the metroplex and traffic ranges from "heavy" to "completely stopped". Still it shouldn't be too bad of a drive most times of the day.

Just checked to see if I booked at the right hotel, too. I've stayed at the Denton HGI, not the Lewisville location. My reservation is at the correct place :)

Anyone know if you use one of those prepaid debit/credit cards from Walmart does it count as a debit or credit when it comes to reserving & incuring a deposit fee? I ask cause I don't own any credit cards & I don't want incur the deposit fee again. It was a good thing my mom gave me a early bday gift last year or I'm not sure what I would have done. Thanks for any info.

I'd say 10 minutes without traffic is a good estimate maybe even less if your cab driver has a lead foot.

LOL! That stretch of road is never without traffic. It's a major artery for the metroplex and traffic ranges from "heavy" to "completely stopped". Still it shouldn't be too bad of a drive most times of the day.

They have actually done a LOT of work around the DFW North Gate. So now the traffic at least moves well during some parts of the day... usually the dark parts, but still!

I also had problems when booking the room. I had to call and they told me that Monday was included in the rate but not Wednesday. I will have to call back when that's been corrected

And since the hotel is reasonably close to the airport has anyone checked to see if they have an airport shuttle? I understand that Denton wouldn't but this one might, especially if its a conference center

Edited by ladystorm

I also had problems when booking the room. I had to call and they told me that Monday was included in the rate but not Wednesday. I will have to call back when that's been corrected

I originally had the same issue when I tried to book the room online but got it taken care of when I called. 

Mind you, when I got it taken care of, she told me there were no more King rooms in the lot.  However, other people booked King rooms after that.  Weird (or a lot of cancellations/additions to the room lot).

Either way, they seem very nice and I look forward to an amazing ReaperCon.  I've convince one of my friends to come along this time.  That will make 4 of us from our gaming group in Canada, eh?

Right, bit the bullet and reserved my hotel room.  Alea iacta est.  Gonna be a long drive from Tucson to Reapercon, so I may snag base lodging at Goodfellow in San Angelo for Tuesday night.

• Like 1