vutpakdi

ReaperCon 2014 Official Discussion Thread

Paints are fully allowed as long as they're under 3oz each (which reapers are) and you only take one ziplock Baggie of them. My husband and I travel with one toiletry quart bag so we can use the other for any paint that may be in our swag bags.

I carried on some paints a few months ago- TSA didn't give me any trouble- I just put them in one of those clear zip locks and set them in the bins. I was all set to talk about my paint and beg them not to throw it away, and they didn't even ask me about it! It's probably because I am an innocent, adorable halfling. No one suspects us of carrying Rings of Power.

For the record- I don't have any Rings of Power. Please don't search me for them, nice TSA people! ::):

Whats the definition of 'some paints' like 10? because knowing me I'd probably be bringing my must have colors so roughly 15 if I guesstimate really high. Not to mention my mediums, brush cleaner and etc.

Just booked my room! We've stayed at the HGI the past few years and have always had a pleasant experience :)

I booked online and got a King room at the Reaper rate with no issues.

Edited by Duliniel

We will of course have Pathfinder Society at the Con. If you are interested in helping GM let me know. I know we are looking forward to the added space, as it has been a challenge in the past to find gaming room.

Whats the definition of 'some paints' like 10? because knowing me I'd probably be bringing my must have colors so roughly 15 if I guesstimate really high. Not to mention my mediums, brush cleaner and etc.

let's see- I bought about 8 loose bottles, plus 2 triads- and they were in a larger bag, so I was a bit worried. ^_^

When I have flown with paints (okay, it'sonly been once) I put them in one of those cheap ziploc type tupperware containers in my suitcase. Zero problems that way.

Since The Con has pretty much moved to the hotel, are we still allowed to go to HQ, browse the racks upon racks of glorious figures for sale :wub: and still go back and browse the row upon endless row of bits bins? :wub:

I carried on some paints a few months ago- TSA didn't give me any trouble- I just put them in one of those clear zip locks and set them in the bins. I was all set to talk about my paint and beg them not to throw it away, and they didn't even ask me about it! It's probably because I am an innocent, adorable halfling. No one suspects us of carrying Rings of Power.

For the record- I don't have any Rings of Power. Please don't search me for them, nice TSA people! ::):

For carry on, it will depend on what you can cram into the TSA-approved ziplock bag (I'd guess at least a dozen).

For checked luggage, I know that I have packed 30+ paints into a suitcase and brought them along with me without issue in the past. (along with needle files, hobby knives, clippers, etc.)

Hmm that reminds me, I need to renew my passport.

Just so you're aware, there is a long-standing arrangement that allows U.S. citizens to cross the Texas border without a passport or visa. :devil:

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 1

I've flown with the pistol cases full of paints before (72 paints or thereabouts) with no problems. Internationally even.

Only cause the TSA agent was shocked there was not a pistol in the pistol case...

• Like 4

Since The Con has pretty much moved to the hotel, are we still allowed to go to HQ, browse the racks upon racks of glorious figures for sale :wub: and still go back and browse the row upon endless row of bits bins? :wub:

Yes

I've flown with the pistol cases full of paints before (72 paints or thereabouts) with no problems. Internationally even.

I'm going to be doing this on my return from this deployment, as a matter of fact. ^_^

You just pull the foam out, cram the case full of paint until it can't rattle anymore, and then shove it in the middle of a seabag full of clothes, right?

Edit: Like so?

11828333526_75e6b23fd9.jpg

Packing Paint by wandererchronicles, on Flickr

Edited by Last Knight
  • Like 4

I see the Reapercon 2014 Facebook page is up, with some new graphics.

Is it just me or does Sophie look a bit different from previous versions? She appears to have feathered wings instead of the usual bat wings, and there's something about her facial look too. Maybe it's the hat?