"cat and mouse" (60028: Pathfinder Red Dragon)

vulture

:blush:

oh my! i return home to a bevy of flattering comments. many thanks to all for taking the the time to look and comment. it is nice to hear after many struggles.

every single scale..... :blink:::o:

yup. major burnout. the kicker is that when i started this mini it was the largest thing i owned and i had no idea how to approach a project of that size. i painted each scale individually (which is probably why some scales are a bit wonky). now that i have some experience with batch painting, bigger models, and the finer points of gem techniques i would do things much differently. in fact, i have been eying 02457: Amber Dragon..... maybe next year :;):.

for those of you that inquired the princess is a privateer press iron kingdoms model: Sythyss Servant with a new arm sculpted by myself. she isn't the prettiest princess sculpt but i think that makes her more....human.

the base itself was fun. it was all hand sculpted with GS and sculpey. at the time i was having trouble finding a base of the correct size so i rolled out clay with a rolling pin and then stamped it with the edge of a wine glass. of course, now i have the correct base....

Happy New Year!

• Like 5

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Inspiring work; I think the gorgeous blue on the wings is my favorite part. Every time I see a new paint job on this model, it changes my mind about how I want to paint it eventually. I think your blue just knocked all of the others out of contention...

Placing another hidden figure in the alcove is pure genius.

• Like 1

I think your thousand points of light gem technique really puts this dragon over the top. It looks like it is glistening! Just spectacular. The blue/green color combination really fits the mini, which has never really been one of my favorites (don't care for the head). Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

This is so lovely, and distinctive. I love the use of yellow on the scales and how vibrant the blue is. Just fantastic. Wow.

(Edit: or maybe it's white on the scales? my brain sees yellow, but I can't tell.)

Edited by sigmaone
  • Like 1