• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Face_Rollan
      Good morning guys! 

Q: if buying one of the reaper core sets (108 bottle set), what's the main difference in them? 

I'm looking into buying a complete paint set. I've been doing a ton of research and have settled on a reaper core set (i already own several reaper paints and love them).  I know that everyone suggests a blend of several companies based on which has the best,  e.g. yellow,  or metallics. I just want to make it simple, buy a set and build from there. 

I'll mostly be painting 40k and privateer press models with some terrain and 3d prints mixed in (i have a cheapo set of acrylics from Michael's for large terrain and 3d prints).

I've also considered the Vallejo Model set, and Army Painter Mega Set.

Thanks in advance! 
    • By Tutakho
      A noobish question, should I thin down reaper washes? Or are they ready to use out of the dropper? 
      Sorry if this has been asked. 

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cephalopodstudios/cuttlefish-colors-a-hobby-paint-line/description

About
      Cuttlefish Colors is a hobby acrylic paint line that we here at the studio have developed.  These paints work and blend very well with other major brands of hobby paint on the market right now, but at a much cheaper price tag.
      Why use Cuttlefish colors
      Beastclaw Raider painted using Cuttlefish Colors For years we used just about every other major brand of hobby paint out there, always looking for that perfect color, the smoothest paint and the most cost effective. 
       Lets face it, if you’re into tabletop war-gaming you know how expensive this hobby can be.  We were so tired of spending 5-6 dollars a bottle on paint, only to have them dry out with their flip top lids, the dropper styles were great but so difficult for us to get locally, and the consistency of the color varied greatly. 
      Deathguard Marine painted using Cuttlefish Colors So, ten years ago we began doing research on the properties of hobby paint, how it’s made and where we can get the materials to do this.  After hundreds of failed attempts to “make” our own paint and thousands of dollars spent on failed formula’s we finally found the one that worked the best.
      This formula gives you a smooth thin coat with good coverage and blends fantastically with other colors in the line, AS WELL AS other hobby paints on the market.  we began to experiment with different pigments and for the past 2 years have been painting miniatures with the paints we would mix up and bottle for ourselves.  
      It was about 6 months ago that our friends and local game group started asking about what colors we used and we told them, Well, We make our own.  Ever since that day people have been asking us "Can we buy some of your paint?"   After thinking about it and seeing if it was possible...well...here we are!  
      We are very excited to bring our line of hobby paints to everyone, and can't begin to thank you enough for checking us out and hopefully, just hopefully pledging!  
        Thanks from the bottom of our hearts,
      Cephalopod Studios
    • By DavePgh
      I hear horror stories about people getting frozen bottles of paint. Is there any way to tell if the paint has been frozen prior to using it? I was concerned about this when I did my holiday paint order, but it was a little unseasonably warm the day they were delivered. What does frozen paint look like & is there a way to salvage it if it has been frozen?
    • By strawhat
      OK, I don't want to put the cart before the horse, but are Reaper examining the potential for colorshift paints?  With those big bugs coming in Bones IV, now (or very soon) might be a good time for some sparkly shiftiness.

If this can't be answered, that's OK--nuke away.  But I'd be curious to know the ifs and whys (if available).

I just suddenly felt like I needed them.
  • Who's Online   27 Members, 5 Anonymous, 279 Guests (See full list)