New England Paint Day

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh... Now I have to figure out busses, if I want to go up on Friday. Anyone got any experience with bussing New Haven>Hartford?

Isn't there a commuter rail line thats runs through there?  I think Peter Pan bus runs a service too for like 5 bucks each way. 

You may ask how a man from Raleigh, NC has such an intimate knowledge of Conneticut transit.  Its best not to ask.  I had a former life that involved things I'm glad I no longer do, especially since the bar car is gone from metro north.  what a tragic loss!  How does anyone survive now? 

• Like 2

You may ask how a man from Raleigh, NC has such an intimate knowledge of Conneticut transit.  Its best not to ask.  I had a former life that involved things I'm glad I no longer do, especially since the bar car is gone from metro north.  what a tragic loss!  How does anyone survive now? 

I imagine they all just sulk into their WSJs or stare tragically out of the window reminiscing about better days.

• Like 2

I imagine they all just sulk into their WSJs or stare tragically out of the window reminiscing about better days.

Flasks.

• Like 2

I'm not exaggerating when I say that the highlight of my day was getting on that train, having a beer and talking to all of the other broken folks with souless hollow eyes.  A friend of mine married a woman he met on that bar car.  As silly as it sounds, I cried actual tears when I found out that the bar car was being removed.  A better age has ended.

• Like 1