Are there any sources showing the point cost of stats and SA?

gorenut

I know a model's cost isn't in a vacuum and is also dependent on which faction they belong to, but has anyone worked out the general cost of each stat and SA? I have models I want to use in a faction (orc boar riders for example) and I want to take existing model stats and tailor it to what I want (in this case I'd like to use either the dwarf boar rider character or bear riders and weaken the stats a little - adjusting points to account for it).

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The points cost for various stats and SAs are not public. It is nearly impossible to assign a flat cost to such things, as they are often synergistic and interdependent with the number of damage tracks, base size, and the other stats and abilities. In the first edition book, there was a create-you-own datacard page, and while fun to play with, could easily produce horribly broken datacards.

I know that the design team (Jason in particular) spent a lot of time working on the costing formulas. I would be surprised to see them become public any time in the near future.

~v

What Shakandra said. Back in First Edition, we learned quickly that you did NOT use the build your own rules unless you were LOOKING for an argument at the table.

Or unless you were whiling away the pleasant afternoon by trying to minmax your way to victory...