• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah. The mystery is solved. >cut and paste<   Doc Bedlam Good day, sir. You have no idea who I am, and I'm not trying to sell you anything or get your personal information. We're both membe

What you see here is a dungeon map drawn by an eight year old.   It kind of took me back to my early days of dungeon design, although I was older when I drew my first one. A guy on the Old School

Thanks to Buglips for turning me onto this thread I did a project like this with a family friend's son years back. He just had this great idea for an armored gargoyle type warrior. It was lots o

Tale spinner just because Genes a professional doesn't mean you need to play favorites. ;) of course his is even more awesome, he has had more practice at being awesome. ;)

Sorry, that wasn't supposed to come off that way. I just really liked the styling on Gene's. The others are great too. How deep can I dig this hole?

• Like 4

Gonturzap will have his own bestiary by the time this thread is finished. DM Cujo should be very proud of his son. Even when I used to create maps like this myself, I might create one new monster, and occupy the other rooms with the usual suspects, Orcs and Ogres and their ilk. This young man created everything from scratch, and what he made is wonderful. Clearly it has inspired a whole group of artistic types. That's pretty amazing, and the drawings are fantastic.

This whole thread is awesome, and it's just devoted (mostly) to just one room.

What about the dreaded Tislop? Is that a bloodshot eye? Is a distant relative of the Cyclops? Is it another form of Beholder?

How about the Zomtom? I get a Native American feel from the drawing, like the legendary Thunderbird atop a totem pole.

Corgostise? Perhaps a Corgi-headed relative of the Kobold? Does it have a hard shell, like a Tortoise to protect it from harm? We know they are civilized, as room 24 shows us they mark and mourn their dead. So many questions remain.

• Like 5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By R2ED
      I can't begin to tell you how excited i am that my parents found these in the basement in some supplies i had stored.  These are Ral Partha models from 1988 to 1991. I bought them with my allowance back when i was like 9 or 10 and am thrilled to see these again.  I remember being so afraid to paint them because i didn't want to mess them up, that i never ever tried.  

These are primed and need to be stripped. These are early pewter-white metal.  They even had packaging that read "now lead free". 

What I'm wanting to do is savor the joy of painting them, now that I'm way more capable.  However...i need to get this crappy primer off of them.  These are 30+ years old and I'm blown away they look as good as they do.  

Anyone have a solution that can strip this down to the metal? 

• By Firestar
      My first Wyvern. :)
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Hi everyone.  Got a couple more demons for you today.  This is a pair of Bones Fly Demons for use as Chasme in D&D.  These guys could also serve double duty as Giant Flies for Rangers of Shadow Deep.

More Below the Spoiler:

Feel free to check out more of my demons and devils in my Blood War project HERE.

If anyone has any leads on other interesting giant fly minis please share them, as I've been finding it difficult to find good models for RoSD.

Also, how do you paint insect wings?  They're such a unique feature in the animal kingdom and I'd love to see how you go about it?
    • By vulture
      Continuing my posting spree. This beholder is the fist model I have printed and painted. I went for a very simple,  classic look, and I was really pleased with the bright purples. I have been enjoying MZ's catalog, but man, printing stuff is a lot of work.

I really enjoy painting eyes, so this subject was a treat.The Spectator is now on my shortlist to paint thanks to the positive experience I had with the dodgeball of doom.
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Every fiendish army needs tiny minions to throw through the meat grinders.  Today I've got some assorted imps and quasits (the demonic counterpart to imps for you non-D&D folk).

First up,
      The Quasits

These fun little guys are the grunts of the demonic legions.  The front two are Quasits from the Nolzur's Unpainted set "Imps & Quasits" #WZK73719.  The back three are Reaper Bones Hordlings (77335).

More Below the Spoiler:

And up next,
      The Imps

These three imps are all Nolzur's from "Imps & Quasits" #WZK73719 and "Familiars" #WZK72563

More Below the Spoiler

Was definitely going cross-eyed after painting these tiny guys.
      What's the smallest mini you've ever painted? (Feel free to share pictures)
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 60 Guests (See full list)