Sign in to follow this  
odinsgrandson

Fairy riding a turtle- gift store repaint

You certainly have a flair for painting these type of figures. Well done!

Having said that, this isn't my favourite of yours, but I do especially like your work on the turtle.

::):

Bro. Stop, please. I KNOW I can't paint this good and this makes me sad. ALL THE TIME. :down:

Kidding. :;):

Love it! Absolutely FANTASTIC!

As long as I was voting, I left a comment: "She is LOVELY. Your brushwork & color choices are WONDERFUL. VERY WELL DONE!"

I think the flesh tones are my favorite part of your painting...of course, the rest of it is pretty darned good also.

Here's a before picture I got online. On mine, some flaws- the base had a huge hole in it where the casting was completely off (just a mess of resin). I had to do a little re-sculpting there. in the end, I don't think that it shows at all.

By the way, I would just post the before picture, but the forum wouldn't let me use it as an image. This should work fine, and there's nothing lewd in the picture (not like most of the links to minis we post around here).
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kangaroorex
      Hi everyone, 

Does anyone know of a module or resource that has a pre made undersea city or palace?  One of my group paying saltmarsh took up the sea elf Prince when his character drowned  and then promised the support of his city.  Now the party wants to visit the city and negotiate for those resources.  I want them to have a good time and have at least the trappings of a city around them but I don't want to build and populate an entire city in a week or 2 for a 1 week adventure that could, potentially become a rerunning resource but might not.

Does anyone know of a module or supplement for an Atlantis or similar city below the waves?
    • By Shinma
      Hi there,

New to these boards, but my husband recommended them to me and so I want to show of my latest and finally finished work <3

Hope you like it as much as I do!

Feel free to leave a comment or any tips for me to improve my painting skills ^.^

Thanks! 

x- Shin

More pictures in the Spoiler!

• By NyarlaBcn
      Here one of my works this past months; an old (now discontinued) mini from Freebooter miniatures. 
      It had a gloomy melancholic look, so I went with a dark palette around 3 main colors: dark green, blue and purple. 

• By GrandPrince
      I've been running a tabletop campaign in which a friend insisted on playing as a pixie fairy, and he chose this as the mini to represent her.  He also asked for specific coloration on the wings and a metallic gold colored outfit.. I'm sort of proud how this one turned out.

• By bluecrowlaura
      Hi there! I've started a diorama project, and I thought it would be good to post my progress here. This is my first diorama attempt- I have just been trying All The Things to see which ones I like best!- and so far, so good, I suppose. I'm one of those folks who learn best by doing, so here goes.

I'll be using Reaper's 03172 Hippocampus and Pegaso's Nymert, along with some Morland Studios Sea Accessories.  I've built the base from scratch using Excalibur casting stone poured into a laser-cut plywood disk, along with lava rock, bark chips, and some hydrostone...so far. I'm going to need to add some Milliput along the edges to finish the angle, and do a bit more work with the Dremel before priming.

I was having a hard time envisoning how the figures would interact, despite sketches, so I decided to go ahead and start attaching the one element I'm certain of: the hippocampus. After cleaning him up a little and using the Dremel to modify his base somewhat, I glued it in. I tried to twist him a little, to give some spiraling motion that would match the nymert, but this is one tough seahorse. I am going to do a little torquing when I pin to the tail, but that's it. The nymert was a little tougher; she'll have to be pinned to a coral tower in the back, so I had to add an extra pin. I did it before cleanup, and I am crossing my fingers that I can get it to look natural in the end.

As I was deciding on the final placement of the nymert figure, I realized that I hadn't thought enough about the most important element of the dio: the story. No matter how I placed her, she looked like she was attacking the hippocampus! Not what I want! So I need to add a third figure, some sort of baddy for the two of them to be fighting. But there's very little room in this design for any additions. Soooo.....

Tentacles. This is a Fimo armature for what I hope will be a few evil-looking tentacles trying to trap the two figures. I sculpted it onto regular armature wire, attached it with CA glue and 2-part epoxy, and carved back into it to whittle it down a bit. I will use green stuff to sculpt the final tentacles, maybe more wire if necessary.

(Also, if you look closely, you can see the hole I drilled into the lava rock 'coral' for the nymert's pin. More of the lava rock drilled out than I wanted- it basically disintegrated- so I'll need something fairly sturdy to fill it when I'm ready for final assembly. Maybe Durham's. Or more 2-part epoxy or JB Weld.)

And that's it! That's how far I've come. Next week I'm going to mount the hippocampus and the nymert, I think, even though painting will get trickier; I can't really finish the tentacles until I do.

Fingers crossed....

• Who's Online   28 Members, 4 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)