Sign in to follow this  
Wilwarin

Brother Vincent (speed paint PC)

Today I finished up another PC for the current D&D campaign we’re playing. This one is for a friend and the scheme is his choosing. He’s a cleric of Pelor. The base is a ruins base from Micro Art (I think?).

The cloak’s symbol is supposed to be like this:

images.jpg?w=500

This is the symbol of the deity, “Pelor” in D&D (strictly fictional). I attempted to free paint this on the cloak, as was asked by my friend. It’s not as bad as I thought it would come out icon_smile.gif?m=1129645325g I’m pretty happy. Enjoy!

pc1.jpg?w=500&h=434

• Like 22

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pineapple
      Pulled this guy out of the current round of the Box of Goodwill and painted him up over the course of two evenings. 

I apologize for the low quality photos, but I've had such low drive to get pictures taken lately that I just wanted to break the ice and get the ball rolling.
    • By Mocha
      Hi folks!

Today I started painting #03836 "Jakob Janssen, Monk" for our friend Jakob. Sending him some good vibes during this time and excited to finish this and ship it his way! I started with skintones and I'm currently working on painting him with a big ol' George Clooney smile  

I want to finalize my color scheme but I'm really struggling! Many great painters have already posted photos of their version of this mini and I want to do something different than what's already been done. Here are the three I'm considering:

The traditional Shaolin monk color scheme Iron Fist (Marvel) color scheme? (green & yellow) Halfling Monk (Pathfinder) color scheme? (green, red/orange, yellow with freehand insanity) Others??  
      HALP! The more options I research, the less decisive I get. Going to check back in tonight to see what folks think since I'll need to decide before my livestream tomorrow morning. At the end of the day, no matter what color scheme I choose, I'll do my absolute best to make sure it's something that will hopefully bring @JakobJanssen some creative joy   I'll check back in soon. Thanks in advance for your thoughts & suggestions!! 

--Mocha

• By Citrine
      This was a quick speed paint, less than an hour. And I think the Night Spectre (Reaper Bones SKU 77099) turned out looking awesome for the amount of effort put in.

• By Neptune1999
      This model is a Dark Sword Miniatures masterpiece of a sculpt by Jeff Grace. Never before have I seen so many tiny etchings on plate armor, especially on a figure that is barely 1.6 inches high. I feel a bit let down by my red OSL, but then again, this was only my second real attempt at the process, which is surely one I need to practice more. 

• By Inarah
      It's that time of year again.  I wasn't able to paint over Memorial Day weekend, so I've bumped it to the next available date. Those of us in the US have a 3 day holiday weekend coming up (July 3-5) and I am challenging you all to join me in a massively multiplayer paint binge!   Everyone is welcome to join, even if you can only paint for one day. 

The object is to finish as many figures as possible. Quantity counts over quality.  All manufacturers are fair game, posting of WIPs and finished pieces is strongly encouraged. You may prep and prime figures before hand, in fact I recommend it. Get out all those new Bones,  old primed or half painted figures and get ready to finish them! 

Got an army to finish, need to move some half painted terrain off your desk, want to tackle that dragon for the big figure contest?  Stuck at home because of the virus? Shelf of shame looking a little crowded?  This is the time.  All manufacturers, and 3d print jobs are fair game. 

Prep and prime your figures now so they are all ready to go Friday morning (or if you're taking a 4 day weekend, Thursday night). Have your camera ready to share photos.  Photos strongly encouraged!  You have until midnight the evening of the 6th to post your progress and be counted in the total. 

For this holiday there is a special extra challenge: paint with the colors red, white, and blue.  You do not have to use all 3 colors at once or have a patriotic theme. 

Painting begins at 00:01 July 3 and ends 23:59 July 6, in your time zone.  

Those of you who video chat are welcome to set up channels.

• Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)