Sign in to follow this  
JackMann

Alkemy: Suleman Ghulam

One of my players is playing a Rakashan in my Savage Worlds game. They're basically a cat people race they tossed into the core rulebook so they wouldn't be stuck with just elves, dwarves, humans and half-orcs.

When I got a box for the Khaliman Republic faction in Alkemy, I had the perfect mini for his character. Meet Khaja.

khajafront_zps19e767a7.jpg

The fur went from pure black to walnut brown to rainy gray. I think it helps break up the pure neutrals with a little warmth.

khajaright_zpsdd587516.jpg

Basing was done with one of the Basius basing pads (Ruined Imperial Highway) with an etched brass vine added in from a GW basing kit.

khajarightback_zpse411139e.jpg

You can see a bit of fingerprint there in the back. I should have let it cure completely before starting to mess with it, but hindsight is 20/20.

khajaback_zpsbc0273c6.jpg

I painted most of the figure first, before attaching his sheathed dagger and tail. Otherwise, it would have been too much of a pain trying to get to the details under them.

khajaleft_zpsbdb4381d.jpg

Tried for a bit of a gem effect on the sword. Didn't turn out as well as I would have liked, but it's still better than a pure blue would've looked. Something to improve on.

• Like 15

Looks awesome! I would love to have more Rakshasa minis for my Eberron games (even if my players don't agree).

Looks like a good job to me. It's a shame the Alkemy line died out, I'll have to a look out for them.