Thrym

77156: Owlbear - Secret Sophie Present

Bones Owlbear Secret Sophie Present for Kay13

Special thanks to those who mentioned using straight pins to adjust drooping Bones minis, including MiniCannuck.

I shoved a pin up the Owlbear's single leg touching the ground to get it to stand upright.

Here are the photos:

post-7739-0-31342300-1388858118.jpg

post-7739-0-05565400-1388858127.jpg

post-7739-0-61089900-1388858144.jpg

And here's a closeup of the base:

post-7739-0-13239500-1388858170.jpg

*an owlbear - very cool - I don't know how you did the base, but wow. I love him.

First I cut off the front of the integral base and trimmed it to better sit in the round base. Then I smooshed some of the MagicSculpt that came with my Happy Seppuku stamps. Once I had that level with the remaining integral base of the owlbear, I removed the owlbear from the piece and stamped the base with the Happy Seppuku Bones stamp. I got the partial skeleton in there.

Then when the putty was cured I replaced the owlbear to the round base and covered the edges of the integral base with greenstuff and hid the edges with manual texturing using a toothpick mostly.

Once that was cured and I had finished the owlbear I painted the base as you see above as a kind of swampy, moss covered mess.

I'm glad Kay13 liked it and can't wait to do another Secret Sophie.

Give it a thumbs up on the Inspiration Gallery.

Edited by Thrym
  • Like 21

All I can say is a very big thank you. He looks so cool. I'm looking forward to him menacing my adventurers.

• Like 2