[GROUP] Infinity Miniatures

Willen

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the ascetics of the warmill stuff but i do not like the price.

I think the name of this new set of buildings is very fitting.

I have a few of their smaller buildings, I like them just fine, they are some of the better thought out building designs but I still think they are a little expensive.

The funny thing is, I am not sure why.  They are right about the same cost as some of the other "high-end" mdf terrain out there, although slightly more.  They have some very nice little details, they come with very good instructions, they are fairly easy to assemble.

I still want the surgery shack and would love to have some of the M.U.L.E. buildings, more than some of these new ones, the cost however makes my head just say no.

• Like 1

you could also pick up a "bottle" brush which usually has bristles in a cone shape on either end of a twisted white wire.   These fit into small places nicely.  i can take a pic of one if you want when i get home from work.

Think I found them at our local ebay site. However, they really look like the wire is too thick, and the bristles too soft... plus they sell packs of 90 units.

I also just realized there is an old cigar and tabacco store downtown in La Plata. They are probably one of the only two places that got d10s back in the time (out of curiosity since all the games they have for gentlemen are chess, backgammon, etc). I need to go by and ask them about the cleaners.

Sure*. But TMM has the ability to reproduce or hide hot spots due to ambient light and viewing angle, helping you fool the eye.

IMHO TMM is more kind to you painting a general shadow situation and helping the eye define the actual details. For a large surface I am not able to fudge NMM into being "nice" from a broad selection of angles.

* if we are strict ALL of our shadows and highlights are situational on viewing angle, as anyone looking at a mini from below can tell.

I think of TMM as NMM with metallics, so using the specific shadows like NMM. I'd call a more generalized shading 'shaded metallics'.

What I meant by subject to the whims of viewing angle is that reflective surfaces will change as the viewer changes. Matte surface shadows will not, the sun doesn't move depending on where you are standing :) A shadow is a shadow.

I've loosened up a bit in the name of artistic choices, but for a while I was following the rule that a mini top down should show no value below mid-tone and from underneath should show no value above the mid.

I think of TMM as NMM with metallics, so using the specific shadows like NMM. I'd call a more generalized shading 'shaded metallics'.

What I meant by subject to the whims of viewing angle is that reflective surfaces will change as the viewer changes. Matte surface shadows will not, the sun doesn't move depending on where you are standing :) A shadow is a shadow.

I've loosened up a bit in the name of artistic choices, but for a while I was following the rule that a mini top down should show no value below mid-tone and from underneath should show no value above the mid.

That last one bit is a nice "tip" from such a nice painter Cash!

So you were talking more about actual shiny paints? 

• Like 1

Painted shadows in general, I guess. I tried to ease up on the harsh TMM shadows on Gwen and didn't like it as much. I still think you should do NMM despite the limitations because I think it looks better on futuristic minis, I remember waaay back when I started with the Sedition Wars KS and they talked about no metals in armor, everything was composites and carbon fiber kinda stuff.