[GROUP] Infinity Miniatures

Willen

I actually think the faded paint scheme works for nomads. Even though clean is the infinity look Nomads have more limited resources, which is why they're using outdated TAGs in the first place, so you would expect them to not always keep everything in fresh paint.

Outdated tags that have been handed over to the mad science division (Bakunen's Praxis Labs) for a total overhaul. I don't disagree that faded looks great on nomad stuff, but the tags do at least get one thorough working over when the enter Nomad service.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think the faded paint scheme works for nomads. Even though clean is the infinity look Nomads have more limited resources, which is why they're using outdated TAGs in the first place, so you would expect them to not always keep everything in fresh paint.

Outdated tags that have been handed over to the mad science division (Bakunen's Praxis Labs) for a total overhaul. I don't disagree that faded looks great on nomad stuff, but the tags do at least get one thorough working over when the enter Nomad service.

And yet stuff gets used, flamed, rumble dropped on you... I like the anime look, but appreciate a little roughness here and there. I admit I went over the top with this, but I am a sucker for weathered vehicles and had been wanting to try these techniques on something.

After a few weeks of not painting I finally got my Anarchy Stencils in (got lost the mail or something as they too 5 weeks) and painted up some Dust Qounset Huts in Urban\winter Camo over the weekend. Didn't quite spread out the white color (the first one) as much as I should have so learning experience.

Going to shade and weather a bit with some washes tomorrow, hopefully I'll have time after getting the contest results up.

WP_20150427_23_25_42_Pro.jpg?psid=1

The Kempetai are a bit farther along then the last update, figured out some color schemes for the white, and I'll need to finish them soon I think as I probably only have 2-3 weeks left until I have to pack everything and move to the new house. That would be much less stressful if I had sold the place I'm in but I'm resigned to a double mortgage for the time being. Yea wasted money (and no, I can't rent without refinancing and dumping 10k to lower the monthly payment so I'm not going to try).

• Like 10

ok, quick update time.

I bought one of those avengers jets that Willen showed off a week or so ago and have it mostly ready for paint. taped off what I want the windows to be with the transparent plastic and then quickly threw together some landing gear (as the stuff I had found online would cost me almost as much as the jet itself). They're a bit cheesy but theyre made from Mantic Deadzone parts and some standard square bases. The feet are a bit dumb so this is designed for those to be easy replaceable.

I would like to add some doors\hatches for the landing gear but I'm not sure what I have that would look good for it as most of my stuff is packed up. Pretty much just have some styrene strips and empty blisters.

WP_20150505_00_16_23_Pro.jpg?psid=1

Also have some Actionclix Halo Warthogs ready to go (2x).

WP_20150505_00_16_50_Pro.jpg?psid=1

I'm planning on painting both of these similar colors to the huts above.

• Like 6

Love it. The Landing Gear, the Warthogs, the scale... looks amazing MS!

I thought about making the LG smaller on that craft, but with the big "belly" it might be difficult. Too much underhang. BTW, did you glue all the different moving parts or didn't bother? Filled in the screw holes?

I think LG hatches would be nice touch, simple cut pieces of plasticard, might help "builking out" the view on the thin struts you have there... but as a piece of scenery it is great as it stands.

I glued the bottom door that was meant for the motorcycle s it just didn't look right opened at any height. Maybe if I wanted to do some heavy conversion I could have gotten it to work. The top opening is gap filled with GS but I didn't do anything to cover up screws and such on the bottom as people will never really see that.

The landing gear is high but it's only resting the bottom at about a half inch off the ground (2cm maybe) s there's really not much room to lower it any. They are pinned in, and not glued, for painting and storage.

I'll see what I can come up with for hatches tonight. Probably will paint them separately and then glue to LG so they're removable.

I've got 2 more warthogs that I'm going to do in jungle colors, and probably weather more, when I move to making that scenery. Might get another Quin Jet too, though I think I'll wait for a sale as at $20 I'd by a second but $30 I'm not sure just because they take up so much table space I don't know how often a second will get used or if I need another paint scheme.

I figured that much.

I want to paint that one as an Aleph of PanO security fighter craft, SWAT style, and the big Quinjet I got as a bruised Nomad infiltration dropship.

It is quite true that they take up a lot of space on the table...

After a few weeks of not painting I finally got my Anarchy Stencils in (got lost the mail or something as they too 5 weeks) and painted up some Dust Qounset Huts in Urban\winter Camo over the weekend. Didn't quite spread out the white color (the first one) as much as I should have so learning experience.

How easy was it to use those Stencils? I'm going to be getting the super small HEX one soon.

How easy was it to use those Stencils? I'm going to be getting the super small HEX one soon.

Not hard at all, though they don't store clean meaning you'll never get it back on the sheet the way it came. The grids will store better if you remove all the little hexes that are left behind when you peel the grid off--if you don't you'll be cursing as you pick all of them off the back of the stencil once you try and reuse it.

The grids have different sized sheets too so you don't have to pull off a big huge one to cover a small amount.

• Like 1

Can't wait to see it.

As I am ramping up the excitement to paint mine, I am formaly challenging to a Head to Head! thread were we both post our interpretations of the Quinjet as an Infinity vehicle... what do you say?

• Like 1