[GROUP] Infinity Miniatures

Willen

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooo nice! No blacklining of panels or detailing?

Those stencils are really cool

No there will be some. Black lining will happen soon but detailing will be last after decals.

That white is bright, stands out a lot.

This is intended. The blacklineing will bring it down some and adding decals (many that will be white) and detailing will add more brightness to the darker areas.

• Like 1

OK. Finally found a bunch of decals that are what I've been looking for and placed an order--but they're from china so they could be here in 5 days or 20, and since I need decals down before any shading I'm having to put that on hold for a bit. Next step will be getting my infinity logos printed to decals or cut as stencils. My new brother inlaw has access to a plotter cutter so I can make 1mm shapes if I want into stencil material--have to wait for him to get back from his honeymoon though so that's another week.

Big question is should I go faction based? O-12? or just generic Sci-fi markings and not make it tied explicitly to infinity?

So I'm going to get the landing gear doors done and work at painting those and the landing gear.

Edited by MonkeySloth
  • Like 1

I find the biggest problem with infinity minis is that you have no idea what anything on them is supposed to be.  they clutter their sculpts with ridiculous little details that don't always make sense.  I prefer a cleaner sculpt with less stuff.  This is why I think a lot of the ALEPH stuff is actually their best minis because they are clean.

I like heavily detailed miniatures. I usually shade the primer before I paint to bring it out. 

• Like 1

I would kill to have access to something to print my own decals!

I think it depends on what you want to show, what table you are looking to build, etc.

Based on my factions, I am thinking of doing the "small" Avengers II Quinjet (this one) as an Aleph "SWAT" fighter craft, rapid deployment response team; and the big Quinjet as a more beaten down, Nomad strike force carrier ready to serve as a Mercenary unit under contract. 

So like two different styles, one mostly white, blue and official police looking, other scruffy and mercenary...

• Like 1

I find the biggest problem with infinity minis is that you have no idea what anything on them is supposed to be.  they clutter their sculpts with ridiculous little details that don't always make sense.  I prefer a cleaner sculpt with less stuff.  This is why I think a lot of the ALEPH stuff is actually their best minis because they are clean.

I like heavily detailed miniatures. I usually shade the primer before I paint to bring it out.

Most of the details are actually in game items or, for the setting, standard issue military gear. Their attention to detail is why they have lots of fans as they an just post a picture of a hip pouch and people know what faction it is.

Standard home printer, decal paper and spray varnish.

• Like 1

I think it depends on what you want to show, what table you are looking to build, etc.

Based on my factions, I am thinking of doing the "small" Avengers II Quinjet (this one) as an Aleph "SWAT" fighter craft, rapid deployment response team; and the big Quinjet as a more beaten down, Nomad strike force carrier ready to serve as a Mercenary unit under contract. 

So like two different styles, one mostly white, blue and official police looking, other scruffy and mercenary...

It is possible to make decals with just your printer and thin print paper. This mini I did last year has been speed-painted and got slapped on some printer paper stickers, glued on with gloss varnish:

post-13938-0-85086100-1431544995_thumb.jpgpost-13938-0-70597200-1431544993_thumb.jpg