[GROUP] Infinity Miniatures

Willen

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You still using your old air brush or did you manage to get a new one?

I am still using the Sparmax. I bought a Harder & Steenbeck Evolution Silverline 2-in-1 from Spain, but am still waiting on a friend to travel to Buenos Aires and bring it with him.

Can't wait TBH... new toys!!

• Like 1

I had the luxury of some painting time today, and did try using blu-tac (the argentinian equivalent of course) to  mask a "mini" for airbrushing.

Check me out! I am all covered in putty!

20150519_174552.jpg

To prevent overspray, I added paper...

20150519_175226.jpg

Yikes! All painted up! The beauty of the airbrush, just 4 drops of VMC Black paint, all that surface...

20150519_180245.jpg

Mask removed:

20150519_181616.jpg 20150519_181625.jpg

Not perfect, but quite nice...

Another mask, and now it is obvious this is an Aleph ship

20150519_182541.jpg

Finally, I illuminated the panels with a slightly warmer grey... it just does not show clearly in pictures but I believe the overall effect is nice.

20150519_184711.jpg

• Like 14

I would like to see this on the tabletop with minis for size/scale comparison please sir.

Looks pretty good with some paint and a nice symbol painted on it.

If MS does not does it first, I will try to get a pic for you during the week or next weekend... since I do not have it at home with me, it is at the painting place.

But I tell you, it is BIG. It would say it is about 30cm tip to tip, and a 28mm mini would stand up below its wings. 

Here is a pic I took of both Quinjets at the hotel. You can see a paint bottle close by:

IMG-20150425-WA0018.jpeg

• Like 4

In my opinion, yes. Having been most of my adult life around airplanes, I appreciate it is big, but big is good for me in this case. I envision this one as a quick-insertion fighter craft. 

Let's assume I am right that it has 30cm wingspan... in 28mm scale that would be around 20 meters? 

A F35 fighter has between 10 and 13 meters wingspan. The heavy troop transport A400M has 42 meters of wingspan.

With the windows painted as above it feels like a complex cabin is inside, plus the rear cargo door... I like the size. It feels... dangerous, solid.

With a little love, for 20 USD, it is a terribly good investment for a terrain piece I would say.

I will try to provide pics alongside normal Infinity troopers and my Szalamandra soon too.

• Like 2

Welp, it's been about 6weeks since I've picked up the brush and I'm finally back on these two Kempetai.

The pictures aren't very good, not quite getting the whites right. The chest armor and feed are a warm whit (more of a gray shade) and the coat is cool with a blue gray shading (SC75 Bering Blue). Base color of the armor is SC75 Nacar highlight up and the coat is Reaper Splintered bone highlighted up to white.

Pretty much all that's left is the scabbards, some work on the back of the coat (same yellow brown on the front you can somewhat see as I forgot a spot), hair and other little odds and ends. Should be able to do that Thursday as tomorrow I won't get much painting time so I'm going to try and start the bases.

WP_20150520_00_21_18_Pro.jpg?psid=1

WP_20150520_00_21_37_Pro.jpg?psid=1

• Like 7

I would like to see this on the tabletop with minis for size/scale comparison please sir.

Looks pretty good with some paint and a nice symbol painted on it.

If MS does not does it first, I will try to get a pic for you during the week or next weekend... since I do not have it at home with me, it is at the painting place.

Missed this.

I posted one a week or two ago.

This first one is with some landing gear I added to raise it up about 1" off the ground from the lowest point in the center. The ends of the wings aren't attached at all but they add about 2.5" to each side.

WP_20150505_00_16_23_Pro.jpg?psid=1

Edited by MonkeySloth
  • Like 2