[GROUP] Infinity Miniatures

Willen

No, it just sits on the flat undercarriage, that shoots out the bike. Kinda similar in concept to Topo Solitario's cardboard aircraft, if you know what I am talking about.

I am thinking on doing some landing gear, but way smaller than MS... more in line with the latest's X-Com's carrier, shooting out of the big mid-section. If you check back on this thread MS showed some pics of the underside.

It still looks good sitting there, so it is not a priority for me.

• Like 1

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I stopped being a lazy forumite and went back through to find the pics.

I know the aircraft of which you speak sir.

Landing gear coming from the center of the fuselage is more along my tastes ascetically as well.

I may have to look for one of these while I am out running errands today.

• Like 1

Yeah, I stopped being a lazy forumite and went back through to find the pics.

I know the aircraft of which you speak sir.

Landing gear coming from the center of the fuselage is more along my tastes ascetically as well.

I may have to look for one of these while I am out running errands today.

Do that. I think there was an old C130 Hercules kit around my brother's house, where I could perhaps find some fat tires and some LG pieces... I want to do a tricicle, kinda like this:

DSC_2183%20Hercules%20C4%20886%20right%2

But perhaps protruding a bit more to the sides, difficult to explain with my English...

Anyway, check it out. I know that for the price, it makes an impressive piece of scenery, and it has a lot of little details in the plastic casting that are not obvious at first glance.

• Like 1

The reason I went with the landing gear look I'm using was price. The one's I built were from pieces laying around and are probably $5 in material. Everything else I was looking at was going to cost me between $20-$30 and I didn't think landing gear were worth doubling the price of the plane. If I wanted to spend $60 I would have just bought something designed for the hobby in the first place.

• Like 1

The reason I went with the landing gear look I'm using was price. The one's I built were from pieces laying around and are probably $5 in material. Everything else I was looking at was going to cost me between $20-$30 and I didn't think landing gear were worth doubling the price of the plane. If I wanted to spend $60 I would have just bought something designed for the hobby in the first place.

I agree. I am also of the opinion that as an scenery piece, not having landing gears is not a terrible issue.

The older quinjet has retracting landing gear IIRC.

It has.

Edit: MS, I used your pic with a mini as scale reference on the Infinity forums, hope you don't mind... if you do please tell me and I will remove it from there.

Edited by Willen
  • Like 2

So I did not come across one of these today in my travels, slightly disappointed.

I will keep my eye open tomorrow as we will be going to a slightly larger store with a better variety of toys.

On a side note I started to assemble my Terrakami Passenger Train.  It has the same extremely tight tolerances as the mk1.   :grr:

As with the first train it takes longer than it should to assemble because of all the trimming and sanding needed to get the thing together.

On a positive(?) note, it goes together so tight there is very little need for glue.... :unsure:

I will put pics up tomorrow, probably.

I received the package from the usps wrapped in tape with a note on it that said they were sorry for damaging my package.

Pieces are missing, Terrakami said they would replace whatever is missing or broken, hopefully it doesn't take too long.

I am only missing pieces for one of the passenger cars, still a pain.

The other quinjet Willen has, the larger one, was a toy from the first Avengers movie. So it's harder to find. I suspect it's just being sold overseas at a discounted price to get rid of backstock.

The other one, that we're both painting, can be found at any big box retailer (walmart, target, etc).

Edited by MonkeySloth
  • Like 2

The other quinjet Willen has, the larger one, was a toy from the first Avengers movie. So it's harder to find. I suspect it's just being sold overseas at a discounted price to get rid of backstock.

The other one, that we're both painting, can be found at any big box retailer (walmart, target, etc).

True. They had three units of the old one, not in mint condition (the boxes) and last time I saw them they were about 50 Euros. I almost got back on my last day in Toulouse to get a second one.

This new one is more tight and sleek however... I kinda like it better.

Got in a game last night, 300pts YAMS (Multiple hidden objective base game play) with my JSA vs Haqqislam. I won because I had an objective that if I got everyone out of my deployment area by the end of the game I scored and I won initiative and chose to go last so I could do that. I did enjoy the hidden objective system over straight kill all. We still turtle too much though.

The map wasn't very well laid out--been too long since we played-- and the sniper tower in the top right really had too much dominance.

WP_20150524_20_18_57_Pro.jpg?psid=1

• Like 8