[GROUP] Infinity Miniatures

Willen

I'll be interested in what you do.  I've got some Raiden that I'd like to possibly paint up coming out of cammo the same way.  I've got my Haramaki assembled, primed and the pants finished (easiest part).  They really didn't go together super well.  The 2 males in the box had nice pegs for easy assembly but the 2 female models didn't (possibly due to an old mold maybe?) and I had real trouble getting one assembled and it looks really bad from certain sides (one of the arms is like 3-4 mm too low) but I don't care enough to tear it apart and redo the pins.

My Townhome is finally under contract to sell too (after 9 months) and assuming everything goes well I'll be moving out in a month at the latest or, if I'm lucky, about 3 weeks to the house I'm building if it gets done early.  That means packing things up soon so these may be the last things I paint for a month--but I would like to try and get at the Raidens I have--which would then just leave me with Domaru and my Spec Op from dire foes to paint up before moving to all the machines (Oyori, remotes, bikes and so on).

The tatami looks really good for the scale.

Edited by MonkeySloth
  • Like 2

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The "old" molds without good pins are a chore. I honestly just get them covered with blutac and then glue the arms in place, held by the putty. It is impossible to do it any other way.

Re: tatami: I like it, my brother approved, so there it is! It is a bit large for scale I think, but works in general. It is a plastic individual tablecloth, made by plastic fibers actually interwoven, not a solid texture. Then I just carved it and added a bit of cardboard and electric wire.

My only concern about the camo effect is that I am doing these minis with the "green" lights, but feel I would need to use blue for the effect. Would it clash too much? Should I do the eyes blue, or something else blue as well (weapon LEDs?). I am unsure how to balance.

• Like 1

I'd stick with green energy as their identifiable power source.

But would it generate enough "OOMPH!" for the effect? I am afraid it will get lost; I can't even play with more saturation because the suit's green is already quite saturated.

• Like 1

Bright Blue-Green (turquoise), and glaze it some into where the green undersuit meets the armor?

I know, I know... I ask for advice and then keep insisting on the turquoise... dunno, somehow I can't get it out of my head. I guess I need to try it out to see if it can work, or fails miserably.

Purple is intriguing as well...

• Like 1

I'm basing for Paradisio which is a Hot Warzone. Paradisio is mix of urban and jungle warfare from what I can gather, so I'm rubble basing my guys, and then I want to build a board that is the Paradisio equivalent to the Battle of Huê. I think it will be super cool.

• Like 2

I love the Paradiso stuff.

I think you are right on with your assumption of the battlefields too.

My only problem is trying to decide how I want to base all the foliage.  Do you do large area terrain for the trees and undergrowth, leaving space, or not, for minis or do you do small, 60mm or so bases of foliage?

The rules in N3 are much better at handling the jungle terrain as far as I am concerned so I am no longer too worried about going for a heavy foliage table.

The Hac Tao for my brother are kinda done, except details... ah, the details. 

First the pics, for you to C&C. The black looks extra glossy on the pics, and I still need to tone it down with varnish; plus they are "tabletop" so my blends are not flawless... I guess I could do more but two reasons: i) black  :down:  ii) didn't want to take ages painting them.

20150614_183741.jpg

20150614_183756.jpg

20150614_183827.jpg

20150614_183817.jpg

The aforementioned "details":

- I wanted to do some white "skull" markings on the helmet... but kinda like it as it is, and afraid of ruining it. The new models also have orange strips on the black armor, which could work now that my brother told me to do the weapons in an orange terracota style, but still... afraid it would make the models too busy.

- I am yet to paint the troop symol (including laurels if I can) on their left shoulder:

hac-tao-logo.png?w=700

... her shoulder is sooo tiny  :down:

- Some warning symbols or the weapons, to make them look more like they mean business, in a style similar to my Szally  :blush:

C&C??

• Like 8