Why No Air Support?

I've been debating about using CAV vice BT minis for a generic sci-fi army. I have to pick one over the other since they vary too much in scale. While browsing through the CAV models here I noticed there were zero air units. No helos, no jets, nada. Why?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruler, no. But!

I just bought a bunch, and have been handling them recently. The "Game Scale" figures [typically 2 per pack; when it comes in both sizes the 'true scale' ones will be marked] are about the same size as Reaper's hex bases [1.25", give or take a hair]; occasionally you'll see a bit of wing-tip or nose hang over, but not often unless it's an offset flight stand in the center of the hex.

The 'True Scale' figures are, judging from the pictures, 2 to 2 1/2 times the size of the 'Game Scale' figures...but I don't have any of those.

If you don't let me forget, and nobody beats me to it, I'll take a tape measure to one tonight when I get home.

Edited by Foxden Racing
  • Like 1

I love those air models, but would love to know their scale.

Anything that says "True Scale" in the name is N-Scale. The others were stated as roughly 1/3 N-Scale by Reaper, but that does't appear to be the case from those pics.

In some of the pics you'll notice two little triagles along the right edge of the pic. Those are height markers. The top one is 1" high.

07121_w_3.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you both! Some of those are sweet, and I would get a bunch to use as a boardgame if money was not an issue (or if they were done in Bones). There are some rulebooks there for airfights, but I would rather do scifi or modern-future than WWII.

Edit: A few of them also give me wicked ideas about kitbashing or scratchbuilding a 28mm transport for my Infinity mini.

Edited by Willen