Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

ReaperCon 14: Want to Run a Game?

Is it too late to sign up to run a game? I just finished my giant, three level minis board, and the brave agents of Strikeforce Omega (America's last line of defense) are all set to stop Kymera, the global terror network, from launching their doomsday missile.

Savage Worlds, 4-6 players, 1 hour slot. I,d be happy to run it multiple times

David G.

• Like 1

as soon as my brother texts me, I can figure out a schedule for games, and see which of the awesome number we can join in on. Already i want to give a big thank you to those hosting and running games. 

I'm really excited about running a game this year. The Reaper minis are ordered and we are hard at work on the custom built table for the game.

"How the West Was Eaten" will be a lot of fun. Instead of your basic zombie survival game, we have an old west town with lots of surprises in store. Plus, we will have prizes for all the participants. If you like your miniature games to have a sense of humour and role-playing, this is the game for you.

Now, would a group of Canadians steer you wrong, eh?

• Like 1

Trying to decide if I want to run a Deadlands game too.  I need to look at my schedule again...

I should probably make a thread for Jackalopes at some point as well.

Is it too late to sign up to run a game? I just finished my giant, three level minis board, and the brave agents of Strikeforce Omega (America's last line of defense) are all set to stop Kymera, the global terror network, from launching their doomsday missile.

David G.

I'll get you set up tomorrow when I'm back at work

So like, I let my husband pick the games and he's managed to overlap our schedules......anyway to remove games now. @[email protected] A nice "Add/Drop" would be good, just in case for situations like this. 

Likewise, I'll fix this in the morning.

"How the West Was Eaten" will be a lot of fun. Instead of your basic zombie survival game, we have an old west town with lots of surprises in store. Plus, we will have prizes for all the participants. If you like your miniature games to have a sense of humour and role-playing, this is the game for you.

Now, would a group of Canadians steer you wrong, eh?

Now you're starting to concern me.  Maybe I should email Bryan to ask him to remove one of my Thu 3 PM slot.   :;):

Ron

Edited by vutpakdi
  • Like 1

David G.

So I can set you up with games, I'll need you to select slots form those marked "Available" as the Game title here:

https://reapercon.com/games

I can adapt the 2-hour default slots into 1-hour slots, as needed.

So I can set you up with games, I'll need you to select slots form those marked "Available" as the Game title here:

https://reapercon.com/games

I can adapt the 2-hour default slots into 1-hour slots, as needed.

2 hour slots are actually just about perfect, leaving some time for choosing characters, getting up to speed, and a little time to run over since nothing ever takes as long as you think it will.

With your permission, I'll take:

Friday Table 10 at 9 AM and again at 7 PM

Saturday Table 10 at 9 am and again at 7 PM

If you only want me to have one slot per day, give me the same slot both days, but I don't care much whether it's the morning or evening.

I need to be sure the table is big enough.  The board is a little under 5 feet wide on its longest side.

And since this seems like a nice place to drum up players, here's the mission briefing:

STRIKEFORCE OMEGA: TEAM 1

Mission Briefing

Situation Report:

At 0700 Hrs, GMT, two days ago, LORD KYMERA issued a global terroristic threat.  If every nation on earth does not submit to rule by the KYMERA organization, he will unleash the BLACKSKY virus, an engineered pathogen with a 99.999% fatality rate.

OMEGA TEAM 3 obtained a sample of the virus, and efforts are underway to create a vaccine or an anti-pathogen, but those efforts will not bear fruit before LORD KYMERA’s deadline.

The OMEGA Surveillance unit, codename ARGOS has located the hidden KYMERA base, Shatterskull Island.  Intelligence reports indicate that LORD KYMERA is on the island himself, along with members of his key staff including DOCTOR POX, CONTESSA INCARNADINE, and the assassin known only as NIGHTFIRE.

You will reach Shatterkull Island with no more than 1 hour before LORD KYMERA’s deadline.  LORD KYMERA never bluffs.  He will unleash the BLACKSKY virus by 0700 GMT today.  He will no doubt accelerate the timetable once he detects your intrusion.

Objectives:

1) Assault Shatterskull Island, penetrate the KYMERA facility there, and stop the delivery of the BLACKSKY virus by any means necessary.  This mission is listed as CLASS RED HIGHEST PRIORITY.  Release of the BLACKSKY virus is an Extinction Level Event.

Should you be unable to stop the launch, activate your HOTBUTTON beacons, and OMEGA Base: HIGHRIDER will commence orbital bombardment.  This will result in massive civilian casualties, and is an absolute last resort.

I'm finalizing my non-Society Pathfinder events and will have the blurbs and details posted sometime this week.

For those not in the know, I'm running the RC 2014 themed events.

Giddyup!

>>ReaperWolf

• Like 1

are these events going to be an ongoing campaign spanning the length of the con? because I would so sign up for one of those

Hey,

My tabletop RPG events are closely tied to the western-fantasy theme of the con and they are part of a larger arc that plays out over the course of the convention. At the end one of the factions comes out ahead and in effect, "wins" the campaign leaving the other factions in the dust.

Last year the four factions: Stitchmen, Fagen's Brood, Carnies, and League slugged it out in a ruined fiendish analog of London's Spitelfield's Rookery in a horror-Victorian arc. Three of the four factions were after the Scintilla Vitae, the spark of life. The Stitchmen wanted it to acquire the true ability to create life as opposed to using occultech and alchemy. Fagen's Brood just wanted to sell it to the highest bidder. The League, being the do-gooders, wanted to get the Scintilla so the blackguard factions didn't misuse it. The fourth faction, the Carnies were in it for the souls of London. Their fiendish patron was responsible for the whole quest and if the Carnies came out ahead, the whole of London would burn again, souls reaped, just as it happened in 1666 only on a larger scale.

This year will follow a similar format.

I'm finalizing content and format this week, stay tuned.

>>ReaperWolf

• Like 2

A question!  

If I want to bring a random board game or two like Terra Mystica or Dominion or something similar, set up a table, and play with people from the Con, should I sign up for a slot and make it an official board game thing, or would I (and the con) be better served by grabbing a random table at the con (or in the lobby?) and just ad-hoc-ing it?