Kristianna, Crusaders Warlord, #14212

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The texturing is quite nice as you chose the perfect shades to use. They add a lot of detail but aren't so distracting to the point all you can focus on is them, which is kind of the opposite as you need to spends some time looking to really see all the work you've done which I like.

The trim isn't bad for how much that fabric is moving. It's hard to get a consistent pattern on a straight piece let alone something flowing like this mini has.

I also like the addition of some red flowers to the base, though I would have added some cracks or other detail to the back as it's too bland compared to all the detail you have going on.

I also like the black being used. I've been reading some on it lately and using black when you've got a really chroma rich pallet (like the intense reds and bright gold you're using) give the eyes a bit of a break and levels out the piece some.

• Like 2

The dress is absolutely lovely, and the trim passes the 'real enough' test for me. If you find yourself not happy with it having not-quite-perfect precision, just tell yourself that it was hand-embroidered. :;):

Seriously, though, it's easy to get sucked into picking apart things after you've been working on them a while. You did a great job, and you should be proud of her!

• Like 1

Looks like I picked a good day to return to the forums after being away for a few weeks! Kristianna is definitely tricky, but you've done some very nice things with her. I like the richness of the red, and the texturing works nicely. I think my favorite detail is the freehand on her headscarf - the geometric pattern is quite nice!

• Like 2

I don't see any issues with the trim - I think it looks very good on all the points where it is prominent.

This is an odd thing to pick out, specifically, but I love the way the cowl looks at the back of her head. Is that freehand or are those lines and dots a part of the sculpt? It's got a beautiful look of gold-thread with pearls (very common in actual historical garments.)

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the likes and the feedback! I really appreciate it :blush:

Corporea--The swords were undercoated with black, basecoated with VMA Gunmetal, then highlighted with VMA Aluminum. I then when back and glazed some RMS Blue Ink for the preliminary shading and RMS Black Ink for the deepest shading. The red reflections on the lowered sword are RMS Blood Red, which was one of the highlight colors for the dress.

Grim--The design on the head scarf is all freehand ^_^

• Like 1