Randomness Painting Contest: Songs!

Girot

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished another one. The inspiration for it is "Somewhere Over The Rainbow", but I'm going to wait until somebody else posts before I post that one. I also have another one inspired by 2001 A Space Odyssey. The figures are done, it just needs basing. I've also just started putting base colours down on another one. It should turn out to be a 3-4 figure dio.  That one will take two weeks to complete. And if there's time, I've got another one knocking around in my head.

I hope there's no limit to how many we can turn in  ::):

• Like 4

I just finished another one. The inspiration for it is "Somewhere Over The Rainbow", but I'm going to wait until somebody else posts before I post that one. I also have another one inspired by 2001 A Space Odyssey. The figures are done, it just needs basing. I've also just started putting base colours down on another one. It should turn out to be a 3-4 figure dio.  That one will take two weeks to complete. And if there's time, I've got another one knocking around in my head.

Jeebus...do you ever sleep?  :upside:

Edited by dsmiles
  • Like 3

Jeebus...do you ever sleep?  :upside:

I try not to.

Anne, tieing things to song is obiously your muse .     I have a hard enough time trying to come up with 1.   Keep it up :;):

What I'm doing is going through movie soundracks. They're pretty easy as there's already a visual to work with. 

• Like 2

What I'm doing is going through movie soundracks. They're pretty easy as there's already a visual to work with. 

I'm a fan of this method too.  While I am not participating in the contest I will participate for the heck of it.

At this time I've decided to go ahead and do something for "Let It Go" from Frozen.

http://youtu.be/moSFlvxnbgk

Edited by Girot
  • Like 3

I'd like some clarification on the rules, if possible.  What's the difference between a "scenic base" for vignettes and "scenic display" for dioramas?

Take another look at the original post, there is a base-size range and model count specs.  I'll post that info here too just for good measure:

• Vignette - Between two and four miniatures on a scenic base up to 120mm diameter/square.
  • Diorama- Four or more miniatures on/in a scenic display larger than 120mm.
  • Like 1

Okay, so the only difference in requirement is base size and figure count?  My initial idea was to simply build the diorama on a prefabbed resin base from Secret Weapon, but the base, while very nice looking, is still rather flat, and is still just a standalone base.  I thought the word "display," might entail additional requirements, like base+scenery.

Even if it did, it's probably no biggie.  I'm still thinking out what I'd like to do in the diorama, and I might end up making some crude scenery out of green stuff anyways.

• Like 1

that is perfetly fine. as i said, skill level is not paramount here. this is all about interpetation. as far as bases my only stipulation was that it had to be finished. if you went with a SW base, and fully painted it, that would be awesome.

huge fan of Secret Weapon btw.