Willpower.. fading.. must.. buy.. dragon..

SamuraiJack

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah really, that actually kinda turns me off of them for doing that right in the middle of the sale they were having on it. They saw the last couple of them flying off the virtual shelf (probably because of SJ's post here) and then get down to the last one and jack the price back up on the unlucky person who buys it. Kind of a bait and switch technique if you ask me.

Between this and the horror stories from their 'end of the world' sale a year ago, I think FRP Games have lost any chance of me buying from them. =/
  • Like 2

FRP uses an automated system, I'm fairly sure. They have a certain number that's "overstock." The point of the sale is to bring the number down to whatever they feel all right keeping in their warehouse. In this case, one. So, as soon as it sells down to that number, the overstock price goes away. It's not really underhanded, just inconvenient if you miss the sale.

Oops, rant moved to the right thread.

But yeah, they are well within their right to change the price once their stock level goes down. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't then hit buy on my cart if the dragon in there was still the lower price. ::D:

It's all about supply and demand, and obviously demand out paced the supply. :lol:

Edited by Thes Hunter

Yeah really, that actually kinda turns me off of them for doing that right in the middle of the sale they were having on it. They saw the last couple of them flying off the virtual shelf (probably because of SJ's post here) and then get down to the last one and jack the price back up on the unlucky person who buys it. Kind of a bait and switch technique if you ask me.

Between this and the horror stories from their 'end of the world' sale a year ago, I think FRP Games have lost any chance of me buying from them. =/

That's odd, I never heard anything bad about them, and the one time I ordered anything from them (during that 'end of the world' sale, actually), I had no issues at all.

Oh well. Its not like I don't have another 40 dragons sitting in the basement. I'll just keep an eye out for another deal on that one sometime. :-) Congrats to everyone that got one. Oh, and I've been eyeing it since it showed up in the sale section 4 months ago at a 30% discount. My evil plan was working great...until today. LOL

Edited by Dan d'Lyon
  • Like 5

That's odd, I never heard anything bad about them, and the one time I ordered anything from them (during that 'end of the world' sale, actually), I had no issues at all.

Their system sometimes has issues with numbers. So, you'd buy something, and then it wouldn't be there. You wouldn't be charged (or at least the money would be refunded), but you wouldn't know about it until after you placed your order. This doesn't seem to be as much of an issue these days, though I'm not sure if they've fixed it, or if I just haven't gone while they've been getting slammed.

Also, similar issue to this one, where people would go through the overstock. However, the discount was done through a coupon code, so you wouldn't see that the overstock was burned through until you hit checkout.

Finally, they do sometimes take a while to ship. I've never had any serious delays, but people have had issues with that.

Basically, they have some pretty massive discounts sometimes. But they do make you work for it.

• Like 1

That was part of my ploy to get it at the lower price while it was still in my cart.

Because if I wasn't going to buy it, I wanted Dan to get it. It is 2/3 of the reason I hadn't already hit "PAY WITH PAY PAL".

The other 1/3, though my Paypal account has enough in it currently so the charge wouldn't show on the bank statement, but I'd still have to explain the box.... :down:

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 6

The other 1/3, though my Paypal account has enough in it currently so the charge wouldn't show on the bank statement, but I'd still have to explain the box.... :down:

Yup, my life would be so much simpler if it weren't for random boxes showing up at home while I'm at work.

• Like 5

Problem is... he has delivery notifications on (because UPS couldn't decide which door to leave things on at the old place, so he turned it on so we didn't have more computer equipment he didn't know when it would be arriving sitting out in the cold because I wasn't expecting anything.

There is just the added benefit of me feeling guilty and ordering less stuff. If I have the money, he will not stop me from buying something.. but I am totally open for teasing.

• Like 3

Oh well. Its not like I don't have another 40 dragons sitting in the basement. I'll just keep an eye out for another deal on that one sometime. :-) Congrats to everyone that got one. Oh, and I've been eyeing it since it showed up in the sale section 4 months ago at a 30% discount. My evil plan was working great...until today. LOL

Well you know the saying "You snooze, you lose."

*Or maybe you don't. Darn it, this is why I hate using absolutes, in most cases I'm absolutely wrong.

• Like 2