araziel

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome textures on the earth/stone! I love the "dirt" look you achieved; my stones usually wind up looking too clean. The crystals are very eye-catching, too.

I picked up this figure post-KS, and I think I'm going to have to move him up in my painting queue. It'll be fun to have a showdown between the large earth and fire elementals...

• Like 2

Awesome textures on the earth/stone! I love the "dirt" look you achieved; my stones usually wind up looking too clean. The crystals are very eye-catching, too.

Thanks! Like I said I tried to do him quick so there's both stippling and drybrushing on there with siennas and umbers. Honestly rock for me is completely hit or miss, I just dab stuff on until it looks ok.

Later on I realized some of his stones actually have differing textures and tried to pick them out (rather sloppily I might add) to give him some contrast. The crystals were first planned to be subdued and amethyst-like, but after seeing the rest of him I thought he needed something eye catching so I went with the WoW-style blue stuff :P

Wow, one of the best painted up versions I've seen of this figure. Very very well done, I agree w/ MM about how great the dirty look is. You should enter it up on the inspiration gallery.

Wow, thank you. I kinda feel like I have to base him before I can submit him there though, but I'll be sure to do so once it's done :D

Edited by araziel
  • Like 1

Wow, thank you. I kinda feel like I have to base him before I can submit him there though, but I'll be sure to do so once it's done :D

I was so caught up in how good the figure looked I didn't even notice he wasn't based yet! Definitely put him up there when you are totally done, really great work.

• Like 3

You guys are always too nice! Now I feel like I have to base him asap.

So... Since I have only one 80mm, one that I'd like to keep around, I broke out the Magic Sculpt and made another one!

Will be set by tomorrow evening I figure, so he might be based sooner than I thought. Thanks again for the encouragement ^_^

• Like 1

You guys are always too nice! Now I feel like I have to base him asap.

So... Since I have only one 80mm, one that I'd like to keep around, I broke out the Magic Sculpt and made another one!

Will be set by tomorrow evening I figure, so he might be based sooner than I thought. Thanks again for the encouragement ^_^

Nah, it's all on you. You did a wonderful job and we are just telling you how great it is. Glad you have decided to base him and put him up to inspire others in the gallery.

• Like 1