Everblight Archangel Proteus and Scythean - Privateer Press

Mutilatedlips

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm reasonably certain all-metal is the only way to build Proteus and not have him fall over, unless you want to build his base out of washers. Mine had a plastic body for a while, until I decided to pry it apart to give the plastic to the scythean and the metal to Proteus.

Ok, so I know Mutiladedlips, dsmiles and myself play Legion...Bloodydrake plays Circle...Nissiana runs Talion Charter Mercs...who else runs Warmahordes, and who plans to visit Reapercon this year?

• Like 2

If anybody is interested I posted a sort of WIP of the Archangel here.

Sort of a backwards way of doing things, but i had some early pics so I figured what the heck?

I'm reasonably certain all-metal is the only way to build Proteus and not have him fall over, unless you want to build his base out of washers. Mine had a plastic body for a while, until I decided to pry it apart to give the plastic to the scythean and the metal to Proteus.

Ok, so I know Mutiladedlips, dsmiles and myself play Legion...Bloodydrake plays Circle...Nissiana runs Talion Charter Mercs...who else runs Warmahordes, and who plans to visit Reapercon this year?

What exactly do you do at reaper con? Do they have models not online? Is it worth the plane ticket and my wife looking at me like I have finally gone completely nuts?

It's certainly my favorite Gargantuan sculpt. Circle's is also very awesome, but trollbloods' and Skorne's don't do much for me at all.

Favorite dragon? That's a very difficult category. Unless you mean "dragon," like "Everblight models are 'dragons,'" in which case AA, Proteus and the Harriers are my favorite beasts, sculpt-wise. And Beast Mistress and pLyl are my favorite non-beast sculpts. Can't wait to field the Beast Mistress with some Harriers.

• Like 1

What exactly do you do at reaper con? Do they have models not online? Is it worth the plane ticket and my wife looking at me like I have finally gone completely nuts?

There's pick-up games, painting contests, and a paint-and-take. It's more about the community than anything else (from what I've heard).

• Like 1

If anybody is interested I posted a sort of WIP of the Archangel here.

Sort of a backwards way of doing things, but i had some early pics so I figured what the heck?

Reapercon is several days of gaming, painting and shopping. It's a miniatures con, with lots of focus on Reaper's games like Warlord and on painting. It's a chance to meet a bunch of the folks on these boards, learn from some of the most awesome painters out there, and play a good variety of games.

There are dungeoncrawl games, several other small games companies are usually there...loads of fun to Be had. It's like going to a big con, but with friendlier people and less stress (since you actually can see it all). If nothing else, sitting down at a table and spending a few hours painting with the other people on the boards is worth it to me.

• Like 3

That is a very pretty AA. I've decided I'm not allowed to paint mine until the rest of my beasts and the battle engine are done.

As always, I really like your colors on your beasts. The paleness really sets them off, and your painting skill has continued to improve as you've built this army. Really lovely work on the big guy, congratulations!

(also, I saw some of your batreps on the PP forums the other day; glad to see you all are having fun!)

I haven't gotten a game in for a while, but we did enjoy what we have played so far. Painting the archangel and my There be Dragons diorama contest entry slowed me down a bit. We wanted a few more figures painted before we had another battle and I am already on the next one.  Got some Minions and a few Skorne as gifts too. 

My son plays Cygnar (his own basic Stryker battlegroup with a host of my fave Cygnar models backing him up), and I usually play Cryx against him. I also have a decent sized force of Trollbloods. I have basic battlegroups for Circle and Everblight, and I have a ton-and-a-half of Khador (which is what got me into the game in the first place - I had been searching for Slavic/Russian-themed minis for our RPG campaign), and lots of Mercs, mainly Rhulics. And some Minions. I have models from every faction of both games, really. Except for Scyrah. I don't actually have any space elves. I do like some of the unit models, it's just that I haven't had a use for them in any games (I usually find an RPG use, even if I don't play the faction in Warmahordes).

Edited by Bruunwald
  • Like 1

Yeah, my oldest son is the one who uses Legion the most in my house. My daughter wants to get into Circle, but I just can't afford it yet. My youngest two sons can never play against each other since they both want to play Gators and I only have enough for one army at a time of Gators.

Edited by dsmiles
  • Like 1