Green Death, Hidden Moron

Dr.Bedlam

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh, now that brings back memories. In the early 90s, we played a version of the same game or one like it. All sorts of fun deaths, vaseline on a doorknob, as a contact poison... The pager under a car seat in a box as a bomb... waterguns, paintball, disk and dart guns... Of course, these days you're more likely to get arrested for such fun.

• Like 3

1. I am not a hipster. I am too old to be a hipster. Once you pass forty, NOTHING you do can be cool to those less than forty. Unless you're Andy Warhol, Alan Moore, or someone of that ilk.

2. ....Dontfear has a point.

3. Thes Hunter: I go to Reapercon to ENJOY myself, not to spend a few days frantically watching my back. And, as Blubbernaught aptly puts it, you're likely to get arrested for doing this sort of thing nowadays. Especially in a hotel. Especially in a hotel being shared by Reapercon attendees and mundanes...

No, at the TIME it was exciting and fun. Nowadays, it'd seem too much like "stress." Kind of a shame, too... I have a half dozen varying Nerf guns now that I would have loved to have had when I was eighteen and tracking my prey across the quad... better range and accuracy than those dippy dime store dart guns!

And the Super Soakers. Mighod, the Super Soakers...

Edited by Dr.Bedlam
  • Like 5

The one and only game of killer I played our dorm was off limits.

I was one of the final 7 (of 20) and had killed 2 myself.

Was using on the dorms only computer to play on a MUD, where I was chatting with the woman I eventually married.

someone stuck his head in the door and asked "When are you going to be off?" distractedly I answered

"I have class at 230."

then there were 6.

I was fairly predictable in college. I was also thrown in a fountain for missing an important meeting, for roughly the same activity. At the time long distance calls were expensive, computer time was free.

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 4

...and for the first time in 31 years, I realize something, and am driven to ask: What was Zorro doing with a tube of lipstick? Did he go out and buy it solely to write "SULFURIC ACID SHOWER" on the mirrors?

• Like 8

Great story. That was a fun game. It is kind of a shame my kids won't get to enjoy it, because your right, it would likley get you arrested if not shot.

Also nice to know someone here is older than me. I was still in high school in '83.

I met my wife while I was in my wearing-black phase, and carrying around a 3' PVC-pipe blowgun with plastic-knife bayonet...

Ahh the pre-paranoia days. Back when kids could run around barefoot outside and a man carrying around a large umbrella wouldn't elicit a swat team (which happened in my city).