Kyra and Lavarath (lots of big pictures)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sergeant_Crunch
      About four years ago I started painting Kyra & Lavarath. Then I broke my wrist, then I deployed, then I moved, then I focused on trying to finish off a variety of sci-fi projects that were close to done but not quite, then I got Dreadball, well you get the idea. I decided that since I am now retired from the Army and waiting on word whether or not I'm getting the job I want I have some time to work on some minis...or one big one. So I opened the cabinet of shame and there are two long dormant figures staring back at me...the Warlord Hill Giant and Lavarath. Dragons are cooler. So I got the air compressor out and used the blow gun to knock the dust off and used a stiff brush to get the stubborn bits. Then tried to remember what color I was using for the scales (with was PP Turf Green). Here's were I left off in 2009:

I settled on HD Desert Tan to base coat the underbelly and raised scales. It looks a bit light now, but once I do the shading it won't. Didn't get very far on this color as I kept floating back and forth between various activities throughout the day. I see few spots where I need to clean up around the edges.

Let's see how long this holds out...
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)