RCon 2014 Car Pools from/to DFW

klarg1

I'm in around 4:30 and staying across the street from the Hilton.

At the very least we should all combine forces to get from the hotels to the meet and greet.  Get a few minivan cabs and share the cost if there aren't enough people with their own transportation.

It looks like pixel, fanguad and I will all be arriving at DFW around 5:30 (17:30 for you 24hr types). Getting to the hotel and then to the meet & greet will be tight for us. What do you think would make the most sense? If we catch a cab from the airport and haul our luggage with us, can we hitch a ride back to the hotel in your minivan(s)?

We need to get a poll going to see how many people need to go and how many taxis we need.  We should get phone #s then so people who are arriving right before to be able to communicate if they're running late and such.

If the line isn't long at the hotel I'd recommend leaving your bags with bell services as any hotel will hold your stuff if you have a reservation. 

• Like 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well. Here's my thought. My brother and I will be arrving 4:30 by the time we get our luggage sorted, others on later flights should be arriving. It would be no big deal to meet up with some of them, and share a taxi to the airport and then to the meet and greet. Rides back however will be the problem, unless we call a taxi again.

Rides back however will be the problem, unless we call a taxi again.

Actually, the opposite will most likely be true. I'd bet there will be plenty of folks headed back to the same place, so catching a ride should be fairly easy that night. It might be worth starting a Post-M&G Rideshare thread to hook up people who need rides with those that have vehicles.

~v

Ya, I didn't properly plan out how expensive it might be to get to and from the meet and greet.  Considering if I don't go loosing the $5 isn't a big deal but at the same time that's why I want to get a list we can break down costs.

I can't speak for anybody else, but I'll happily pay 1/4 to 1/3 of a cab ride go get in and socialize. I think we should have enough people to organize something.

• Like 1