Torn Armor announces their Kickstarter minis are a maybe.

Darsc Zacal

Classy

EDIT:

Did you really want us to try and make a 20 mm resin figure in 5 parts???

Anyone who has ever assembled multi-part goblins with seperate head, torso, legs and each arm knows this isn't a difficult ask.

Edited by Nocturne
  • Like 3

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Classy

EDIT:

Anyone who has ever assembled multi-part goblins with seperate head, torso, legs and each arm knows this isn't a difficult ask.

I have some Ax Faction and Kingdom Death Monster resin figures that are in 5 or more parts... it's not the difficulty of putting them together, it's the cost of producing them. Would you want to pay boutique resin prices for an army of goblins?

I'm sure the truth of the overall situation is somewhere in the middle, but I'm glad there was nothing in this one that I couldn't resist.

• Like 1

That is a typical response from Defiance Games to anything that remotely smacks of them being in the wrong. Its very aggressive and is trying to rock Torn Armor back on their heals. I notice that it mentions nothing about the fact that Defiance can't return the money or that attempts to correct the files were made and that, by all appearances, Defiance refused to the situation. I don't know John Morse but the wording smacks of Tony.

• Like 3

Wow.

Hostile and unprofessional.

Very much so. Regardless of any prior reputation, it is an extremely unprofessional and petty response.

I am very disappointed in this development, since I also backed for the miniatures, and not the game. This is my first total bust of a Kickstarter, but I don't have much more to say than that. Time to move on.

• Like 1

Classy

EDIT:

I have some Ax Faction and Kingdom Death Monster resin figures that are in 5 or more parts... it's not the difficulty of putting them together, it's the cost of producing them. Would you want to pay boutique resin prices for an army of goblins?

I'm sure the truth of the overall situation is somewhere in the middle, but I'm glad there was nothing in this one that I couldn't resist.

Some of my Dreadball minis have around that many parts. The fists of some are separate pieces. The fists! And that's plastic used by Mantic.

• Like 2

I have been reading up on this, including a very long thread on dakkadakka.

There are quite a number of statements from Defiance quoted in that thread, and there seem to be many quotes very like this one, ignoring all matters of money owed and shifting all blame to other parties, usually the ones whose money or product they hold. The statements also seem to include a great deal of indignation at how hurt they, the honest ones who really care about the games, are.

They seem to think they are Nice Guys.

The statements also tend to include veiled threats and insults towards the integrity of those who speak out.

Defiance appears to have routinely broken contracts and cheated suppliers using flimsy legalistic pretexts if called on it. They appear to be relying on a strategy of outshouting the people they have taken money or product from and brushing aside any attempt to keep the conversation on the crucial matter of paying their suppliers and supplying their payers.

• Like 5

Classy

EDIT:

Some of my Dreadball minis have around that many parts. The fists of some are separate pieces. The fists! And that's plastic used by Mantic.

Good point. So I guess it can be done at the right quality level. 

• Like 1

"After the original files proved unworkable, the vendor you hired to fix them did not provide results which could be manufactured"

-- So Torn Armor says that Defiance brought in someone they had worked with before to fix the files, while Defiance says Torn Armor hired this person?  Am I understanding this correctly?

My sympathies to everyone who lost their money in this project.  Sounds like a train wreck for all involved.

• Like 1

I'm a bit confused by Defiance's response. They claim they were never given workable files. So at most, they've only received files, and said "Hey these won't work". How does this negate a refund of at least most of the money they were paid.

And yes, the naivete of paying a contractor full price up front is painful. I wouldn't do that with a general contractor working on my house, why would this be any different? Here's a retainer, look at the files and let me know it works for both of us, then we can move forward and you get money to start producing product. Yikes.

edit: or what Nocturne said :p

Edited by CashWiley
  • Like 1