The Inner Geek

Inked Adventures Large Geomorph Tiles (lrg pics)

So whilst perusing the RPG drivethru website one day I stumbled across a set of 'print your own' type dungeon tiles by an outfit named Inked Adventures. I really liked the hand drawn aspect of the tiles and the old school map feel so I put the grab on them. There are a LOT of tiles in the set. There are 64 different tiles at 10x10" and then a second set of 64 that are the mirror of the first. They even have some printable pages for DM's to put notes about the different tiles complete with a thumbnail pic of the tile.

I've assembled quite a few, each is printed on two pages (8.5x11 for US and A4, I think, for Euro). I'm mounting mine on foam board and it's working pretty well. Only one board so far has really warped much and I'm working on experiments on how to fix it.

Here are a couple photos with some tiles semi-randomly laid out on my kitchen table...

IA_GeoMorph_2.jpg

IA_GeoMorph_3.jpg

I think another part of the attraction I have is that I love the idea of geomorph tiles. I like the replay value I guess you might say. I like them so much, I've been toying with making a board for the RPG-Lite Squad-based Sci-fi dungeon crawl I've been working on...

GAL_SAL_GeoMorph_3.jpg

The total size is 30x30" and the camera didn't want to cooperate so I apologize for the blur... or maybe it's just a teaser pic so the blur was on purpose? Yea, that's it. The tiles will all be double sided allowing for a lot of different setups... eventually.

Okay, here is a less blurry close up...

GAL_SAL_GeoMorph_2.jpg

So, if you're looking for a 2d dungeon with a lot of old school charm, I'd recommend the Inked Adventure tiles. Anyway, that's map talk! 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1209005612/trailblazer-game-stamps?ref=discovery_category_newest

About
      Game Stamps are a map-making tool for role-playing games, which can be used right at the table as you play.
      The Trailblazer stamps depict iconic terrain such as mountains, forests, or seas.
      Whether you're preparing for a campaign or mapping the adventure as it unfolds, the stamps let you create attractive paper and ink maps in a fraction of the time it would take to draw them.
      All of the artwork is compatible with 1" hexes and grids, making the stamps ideal for open-world games.
      Stamp each hex as the players explore it, or pass the stamps around the table and create a shared world. No matter how many people contribute to it or how many sessions it takes to explore it, the map will be detailed and consistent.
      Game Stamps are made of natural gum rubber, deeply etched to produce a high quality image. The rubber is precisely trimmed to avoid artifacts, and cushioned with thick foam to distribute pressure evenly, improving the quality of the impression. The hardwood mounts have an hourglass profile, making them easy to grip.
      Each set comes in a cushioned chipboard box and includes an archival-quality ink pad.
      A wonderful addition to the toolkit of any game group with a penchant for exploration. Whether you're creating a world ahead of time or improvising a hexcrawl on the spot, Brendan Day's Game Stamps will help you create a handcrafted map with speed and clarity. ~ Jason Lutes, author of The Perilous Wilds and Berlin.
      Game Stamps are a great idea executed well. They're a welcome addition to my gaming library. I can't wait to see more! ~ Tony Dowler, author of How to Host a Dungeon.
      Whether we use high quality pens and papers, or just scribble on the nearest scrap of paper, map making is one of the many hobbies within a hobby, that are part of being a gamer. When it comes to maps for fantasy games, there is an artistic quality to homemade one of a kind maps, that cannot be equaled. Game Stamps really do have that handmade look and feel. ~ Griffith Morgan, Co-Director of Secrets of Blackmoor: The True History of Dungeons and Dragons.
      The Trailblazer stamps depict the following terrain:
      Mountains Hills Grassland Swamp Forest (Deciduous) Forest (Conifer)  Sea Desert Tower Village Castle or Walled City Megalith or Dungeon Entrance  If you back at the Wanderer or Explorer level, you will receive a starter set containing 6 or 9 stamps.
      The Wanderer level lets you choose either the Deciduous or Conifer forest, whereas the Explorer level includes both of the forest designs. 
      If you back at the Adventurer, Wayfinder, or Cartographer level, you will receive all of the designs.
      The Wayfinder and Cartographer levels include 3 additional stamps, which depict individual trees.
      1/2" Tree (Deciduous) 1/2" Tree (Conifer) 1/2" Tree (Leafless) You can use these smaller stamps to create mixed terrain such as forested hills, or to add variety to large sections of woodland.
      All sets include a jet black archival-quality ink pad, but if you back at the Cartographer level, you will receive three additional ink pads in colors of your choice. I recommend Cobalt Blue and Vermillion Red, but other colors are available.

• By Zandoria
      PuzzleLock is 3d printable terrain for creating dimensional maps for your RPG games. The tiles connect together on the tabletop like a jigsaw puzzle! I have already created and tested PuzzleLock Caves and PuzzleLock Dungeons, now I am running a Kickstarter to raise funds to create additional playsets.  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zandoria/puzzlelock-playsets
      We are 298% funded in our second week! I hope that you will check it out!

• By Kangaroorex
      Hopefully this question hasnt been asked too many times before.  I am running a small game with my family and i want to be able to throw up a map from the modules onto the screen and be able to move virtual icons around on top of the map.  I dont need turn control, i dont really need fog of war, i dont really want anything more than the ability to put Icons on the map and move them around to show where people are.  I also want it to use maps I have in Jpg or png or one of those formats, i dont want to have to build the map each time by hand

The problem is, everything i have found is either too much or not enough.  The drawing programs all require me to create different layers for each player or as soon as i move to the next Icon the last one becomes part of the map.  the tabletop programs all seem to want to assume that each person is taking a separate turn and has partial control, only allowing things to move in a specific order and having to import that information in every battle.  I dont want this level of control.  i have the map and a common screen.

Does anyone have a recommendation?  I would like it to at least be shareware so i can try it and see if i like it before purchase, but other than that, i am open to paying for the software if its what i am looking for.

Thanks for anyones help and time if they can give it.
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/loreobserver/100-maps-of-fantasy-islands?ref=discovery

About
      Hi! We are the authors of The Lore Observer, a worldbuilding website where we collect our writings, maps and artworks.
      We want to Make 100 Maps of Fantasy Islands that you can use for your tabletop RPG campaigns and we want you to decide what happens in these places!
        Worldbuilding and mapmaking are activities that we really enjoy, a passion that we both have been following for roughly ten years. When we saw the Make 100 initiative, we thought that it would be a great opportunity to build something cool and useful to writers, artists and tabletop roleplayers.
      Our plan is to create an eBook of high-res island maps that you can use in your RPG campaigns, to get inspiration for your own worldbuidling or to prompt your creative writing skills. 
      Here's the deal: you can be the one who decides what's going on one island and your ideas will be published in the eBook alongside the artwork! 
      Backing one of the 100 limited rewards, you will get the limited Worldbuilder's Edition of the eBook and you will be part of a collaborative worldbuilding project where your map description, name and landmarks will be published in the eBook next to the artwork.
      When the campaign ends and the artworks will be ready, you will be sent one of the 100 islands and you will tell us what you believe it's going on in there. You may be inspired by the island shape and its quirks, or just let your imagination go wild. It's your call! 
      An example
      Once we send you your designated island, we will ask you to tell us the following:
      The island's name. The island's lore and description. A brief description for three landmarks or any other kind of points of interest. Your writings will published on the eBook, so let your imagination run wild!

Every island could be anything, so it's entirely up to you to decide what's going on in there!
      To keep things manageable there will be a character count restriction and we will ask you to keep things SFW (safe for work), clear from profanity, racism, and other nasty things that might be considered offensive. Also please note that your writings won't affect the island's design unless you select one of the four 50€ pledges available.
      As the complete eBook is going to take some time to make and assemble, we plan on sending regular updates on the latest maps we made, this way we can keep in touch with our backers and you can check the new designs out and the overall progress of our project.
      We want this eBook to also become a tool for writers, artists and worldbuilders. A book you can browse to find inspiration when you need to create, to activate your fantasy and to exercise your creative writing and thinking skills. 
      Open the eBook to a random page, take a look at the islands and start thinking all kind of things that could happen in there. Write them down, use them in your next great project or just spend some time with your imagination. 
      Take this island for example, what's going on in there? 
      Is it home of a small totalitarian nation that fortified itself on the island and whose patrols guard all the coastlines?  Is it the private island of a rich alchemist merchant where it's said eerie things can be seen during nighttime? Is it a natural oasis where an uncontacted civilization lives in perfect balance with the most dreadful monsters? Is it a legendary, secret place where dragons go to die since the ancient times? ...and so on!
    • By SamuraiJack
      About
      Created by Loke BattleMats, this Kickstarter aims to expand on our latest tabletop RPG accessory, the Big Book of Battle Mats, which is a wire bound book of fantasy themed Battle Mats that can be used by simply opening the book to the chosen design and using as either a single or double page spread. 
      The Big Book of Battle Mats The Wire binding allows the pages to sit flat on the table and each page is laminated so can be drawn on and wiped clean.
      The book format allows us to fit 58 individual Battle Mat pages in an area the size of a normal RPG rulebook.
      The two most common requests we've had is for a larger version and a Sci-Fi version, this campaign will aim to address both of those questions.
      If funded, this campaign will result in the following new products added to the Loke BattleMats book range:
      The Giant Book of Battle Mats (A3 fantasy themed) The Big Book of Sci-Fi Battle Mats (A4 Sci-Fi themed) The Giant Book of Sci-Fi Battle Mats (A3 Sci-Fi themed) The book sizes are either
      A4 (8.3" x 11.7") with each page as an 8x12 grid A3 (11.7" x 16.5") with each page as a 12x17 grid The Giant fantasy themed book will contain similiar but expanded designs to the current fantasy book such as wilderness, caves, dungeons, town locations and some special areas.
      The two sci-fi book sizes will contain similar designs to each other with the plan to include designs such as ship/station interiors, planetary landscapes, space locations, city locations and some special areas.   

• Who's Online   30 Members, 1 Anonymous, 164 Guests (See full list)